anyone here make bbq?

oldschoolsdime92

You all are making me hungry! Oldschool, you better let me know when your operation is up and running, my uncle owns Davis Meats in Sidney so I can get yummy cuts at good prices - then we can all get our fill of smoked delicousness together some evening!

We have some Jack Daniels Bbq sauce...not the kroger crap. But the real stuff from TN...it has the actual whiskey not just the flavorings.... makes a huge difference. Let us know when you need us to taste test for you.

Home depot, 179. I really liked this one because you can use propane or charcoal.

Bad, I followed the directions. It said to fill the wood tray with chips or charcoal and then rub the doors and racks down with cooking oil and heat to 400 for 30 minutes. Let cool, rub down again and go another 20.

smoking some chicken breast right now, to make some pulled chicken! Ribs are rubbed and prepped for tomorrow

one thing I find rather wild is the difference in temps from different thermometers. Is there any way to get one exactly right? or are they all just "ballpark" I literally have three different ones, and they are all reading different temps, differing by 50-100 degrees.

said chicken breasts

IMAG1412.jpg

Edited by oldschoolsdime92

I didnt read all 12 pages. But being raised in Texas, we have some of the best beef brisket you will ever taste in your life. Us southern folks appreciate the simpler things in life. Good mesquite and salt/pepper should be everything you need if you pick a good piece of meat. Most of the brisket sold around here are too lean and not the best for smoking. You want atleast a good 1/4 layer of fat on your brisket. Smoke at 225 for about an 1.5 per pound.

• Upvote 1

Check the accuracy of a thermometer. Buy one and toss it in a pot of water and boil. Unfortunately waters boiling point escapes me. But it will let you know how close your thermometer. Is.

• Upvote 1

Check the accuracy of a thermometer. Buy one and toss it in a pot of water and boil. Unfortunately waters boiling point escapes me. But it will let you know how close your thermometer. Is.

212 Fahrenheit :)

-VanDy

I have found the cheap analog thermometers on my grill and smokers to be pretty accurate. I have a yearly calibrated Fluke DVM which I use to check accuracy with. The cheap thermometers are actually pretty spot on in most cases.