anyone here make bbq?

oldschoolsdime92

It would probably be cheaper for me to just cut you some, and deliver via motorcycle!

:D

Think that was another deciding factor on the market shoulder I brought ya in my backpack cooler. Must have improved the flavor through hard acceleration tenderizing, and windblown to perfection!:lol:

I think when I remember I'll start the official BBQ recipe thread

I have several rubs I make, I refuse to use store bought ones as they are far too salty and give poor results. My spicy pork rub is my favorite but have good poultry and beef ones too

I made a rump and a chuck roast today. The chuckie is still going. I took the rump to 135 and let it rest awhile before slicing . It tastes wonderful. Not the old dry roast mom used to make. Now here's my question. I always use a remote thermometer. Is it bad practice to stick it into the raw meat before it goes in for awhile? I normally put it in after the meats been in a few hours, but on this one I didn't, seeing as the whole cook took 2 hours.

IMAG1703.jpg

IMAG1709.jpg

Here's my setup, going right now.

As it started:

IMAG0373.jpg

Here it is a few minutes ago, when I opened the lid to add to the moisture pan, check the chips, and spray the brisket (didn't look as though it needed it, but I did anyway!):

IMAG0374.jpg

Doesn't look much different, but the color shows it is cooking!