Dream Ride 2012: Feeler

NinjaDoc

We could do late May for weather's sake, and plan rides for both days so anyone that can only manage 1 day would be able to meet up with the group thats staying/riding both. Still just in the idea phase here, but seems like it would work well in that it offers larger possibilities for more to attend. 2 big rides on the same weekend would have awesome results and surely be an epic event for all of OR

Thats what I like about it too. Never been to the Gap ( yet ) but some of what we rode in SEO HAS to compare, its damn good riding even if the Gap blows it away. Not everyone can get to TN for that, so this is ( like 20thGix put it ) a "budget Gap trip" making it possible for more of us to get together for a great ride and to meet who's who around here

I didn't look at the loop how far south east did you go? Yeah there are roads on the south east of 70/71 that are comparable to the gap as far as twisties. But the road conditions down there are much better. You have to take a run down 556, 536 area to get the real tight roads for ohio.

668 and 669 are in excellent condition with new pavements so it was a blast to spend time there the last few rides, they need to fix 556 and 536 at least by next year then the loops could be even more amazing,

next year we will do demon triangle if its two day trip (if roads are better )

but late may and june,i think i only get sunday offs :(

I would have made it, bit of a communication breakdown, ultimately it came down to not really wanting to ride all that way there in the cold, to ride the loop, then ride all the way home to then go to my bachelor party that night.. I"d have been too wiped out to really enjoy myself.

I'll definately have to sneak a road trip in before november though.. I got the map of this route so might have to finish off my tires before the snow flies. Glad there was a good turnout despite the unfavorable weather. well done doc

Why would you go that far to ride those roads when you have great roads closer to you? The route was a good route with a great location for a state wide event but Ohio has better or just as good roads to offer closer to you.

Doc the twisty comment was mine and honestly the combination of the people and the riding made the dream ride easily one of my best experiences on two wheels. Thanks to everyone involved and everyone that came out. It was really great meeting all of you.

I wish I could remember when I got hooked on back road twisty riding but its fun to see people experiencing it for the first time and even more fun when they enjoy it.

I know it's not as fun as small group carving up more miles, but UP did the fast group had a reasonably good ride?

All the roads were clean, when I asked if anyone wanted to change their spot no one moved up, I didn't hear any complaints, I even remembered to slow down on the straights which is something I have a problem with at times. We had a good group I think the guy that volunteered to sweep might have had more fun & I probably should have switched spots with him to give him a chance to have some fun. We had one mechanical but it was just a rear brake leak that was found before it put him down. MT had a missed turn but I don't count his antics as a reflection of the groups sanity.

I have been involved with groups of this size before and most everybody wants to be in the fast group, even some that shouldn't be. This group was different; we even had to recruit some guys that wanted to be in the medium group to ride with us because we had such a small number that wanted to be in the fast group. Everyone belonged in the group and proof of that is that no one went down and no one came up to me to tell me that anyone in the group was riding over their heads. I enjoyed the day & I hope the rest of the group did too.

• Upvote 1

I know it's not as fun as small group carving up more miles, but UP did the fast group had a reasonably good ride?

It was a good ride though not quite as fast as the slow paced nephew ride a couple weeks earlier. That was understandable I guess because we only had to deal with a Chevy Beretta this time and not a Kia Sportage. Jester and I moved up 2 slots at a turn so UP you did have twin twins behind you for a while. Too bad the tractor wasn't there.

It was a good ride though not quite as fast as the slow paced nephew ride a couple weeks earlier. That was understandable I guess because we only had to deal with a Chevy Beretta this time and not a Kia Sportage. Jester and I moved up 2 slots at a turn so UP you did have twin twins behind you for a while. Too bad the tractor wasn't there.

The tractor wouldn't have fit in, didn't the front three bikes need to be a Honda. Besides if that ugly bike that I want so badly had been there I probably wouldn't have been there. The ride was great but getting there & getting home sucked. I now have ridden my bike more this year than last year, five whole times.

alright a quick edit of the summary video is ready, didnt spend time to add effects and stuff like last years video since there was more content to work with. Just a very ultra edit to include every thing under 6 mins so that people dont get bored. since there is already lot of ride videos out didnt want to include much from that side.

• Upvote 2