What do you Carry CCW (PICS)

JaronsToy

I find that I think more when I shoot the lightweight wheel guns. I'm very accurate for this reason. Will it translate to a real scenario with adrenaline and bad guys? I really don't know. All I can do is practice.

I find that I think more when I shoot the lightweight wheel guns. I'm very accurate for this reason. Will it translate to a real scenario with adrenaline and bad guys? I really don't know. All I can do is practice.

Find a accommodating range and a medical professional friend. Have him administer a shot of adrenaline for practice shooting in a high stress situation. Then when the adrenaline wears off have him draw a pint of blood, and practice shooting while simulating the blood loss from a wound.

• Upvote 2

I have shot the lc9, buddy has one, I can't hit shit with it.
Neither can most anyone else.

IDK, I'm pretty accurate with my LC9. Maybe it's the shooter not the gun? :p Honestly though, when switching back and forth between guns I find the first few rounds always suck. So it took me a while to get used to the long pull on the LC9 but once I get used to the long pull I'm as accurate with it as the G4 Glock17.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeLxP6Kywzk

Edited by buildit

Find a accommodating range and a medical professional friend. Have him administer a shot of adrenaline for practice shooting in a high stress situation. Then when the adrenaline wears off have him draw a pint of blood, and practice shooting while simulating the blood loss from a wound.

Are you serious? :wtf:

id stear away from the LC9 ask maxpower he couldnt unload his quick enough. It felt top heavy to me.

That wasnt the case at all. It just wasnt as concealable or comfortable to carry as the Airweight.

I didnt unload it, I traded it to my uncle for his SKS. I thought it was plenty accurate, but I didnt like the sights as much as the ones on the PF-9.

I dont know how you guys walk around with those slightly cut down full frame guns concealed everyday, but I have a feeling that most of you dont. My Airweight is in my pocket at all times because it is light and small enough that I barely know its there. AND its accurate as hell and easy to shoot although its the .38+P model, not .357 and aluminum framed.

• Upvote 2

That wasnt the case at all. It just wasnt as concealable or comfortable to carry as the Airweight.

I didnt unload it, I traded it to my uncle for his SKS. I thought it was plenty accurate, but I didnt like the sights as much as the ones on the PF-9.

I dont know how you guys walk around with those slightly cut down full frame guns concealed everyday, but I have a feeling that most of you dont. My Airweight is in my pocket at all times because it is light and small enough that I barely know its there. AND its accurate as hell and easy to shoot although its the .38+P model, not .357 and aluminum framed.

sorry my bad, i thought you didnt like it

How the fuck accurate do you need to be at 20 feet or less.......think about it.:wtf: I will not post any pics since I don't own any firearms, but if I did it would probably be an LCP or an XD9 sub compact, or better yet an M&P .40 compact. Just sayin of course.

Two good choices out of your three you listed LOL! And +1 on being accurate past 30 feet with a compact pistol. I train and practice at 25 feet and am accurate with any of my carry guns at that distance.

Shooting a piece of shit badguy at more than 20 feet and you are gonna spend some time in the pen.

Are you serious? :wtf:

Yup. No other way to even come close to preparing for those situations without actually being in them.

A pint of blood is no more than they take for a blood donation, safe enough.

The adrenaline needs to be administered by a professional of course.

I don't want to start a debate here, but what am I missing regarding revolvers?

Pros: compact. reliable. no magazine spring to fail (so you can leave it loaded forever without worry)

cons: fewer rounds. wider (at the cylinder)

Or is there some reason I'm not seeing that they're disliked?

You hit the main points with your post. My main reason to get a revolver over the semi-auto was to have the highest impact energy versus weight hanging on my belt.

Comparison for me;

Pros: Compact, reliable, simple function, smooth edges(on the hammerless), high muzzle energy, light weight.

Cons: 5 shots, light weight causes harsh recoil

I don't really consider it that much wider than my other guns. Across the cylinder it is 1 1/4 inches. My 1911 is 1 3/8 at the grips and my XDM is 1 3/8 across the slide rails. I am sure the LC9 and the single stack smaller guns are much thinner but the snubby hides well just due to the widest area being a very small portion of the guns overall size and shape. Extra ammo is also a little easier to carry if done right. I use speed-strips instead of a circular speed-clip. They lay flat and I can put 12 extra rounds in the back pocket of my jeans and you wouldn't ever notice what it was.

44-strip-display.jpg

How the fuck accurate do you need to be at 20 feet or less.......think about it.:wtf:

I look at it this way, if I can hit what I aim at when I am calm and collected from 35-50 ft, then that stressed out adrenalin filled shot at 15 ft will be easier and better.

Honestly comparing guns on individual likes and dislikes is like comparing motorcycles. Each rider has different needs and rides differently and at the end of the day all that mattered was it got you where you wanted to go, was functional in doing so and didn't get you killed along the way. Should be the same for a concealed carry more or less. :D

That said, just like motorcycles we like to hear other peoples experiences on what worked for them. To that end I have enjoyed going to rent different pistols to try with friends or trying their firearms and letting them try mine. But like bikes I don't have money to own them all so I'll learn to use what I have to the best of my ability. ;)

Yup. No other way to even come close to preparing for those situations without actually being in them.

A pint of blood is no more than they take for a blood donation, safe enough.

The adrenaline needs to be administered by a professional of course.

Um, could possibly be the dumbest thing Ive heard in a long time. Any "professional" will will give you the wtf face if you ask for this. 1 excellent way to send ones heart straight into SVT or VT niether of which do I care to deal with on a gun range. 2 the "professional" would lose his or her licence and cards for life. Our licence covers us in the hospital, ER, Squad ect.... not wherever we want. Nor does it cover admin of non medically ness drugs. Refuckingtarded.

I thought that was a joke! Even lol repped it. Don't like needles. I've actually hired kawi kid to do live fire surprise attacks a la Pink Panther style.

That reference is probably lost here.;) However, I'm sure someone here is headed to Delaware range with a six pack of 5 hour energy and 50 rounds of ammo. :rolleyes:

How do you like this? I'm thinking of replacing my p11 with the shield.

I know the M&Pc is a popular choice, but my first CCW pistol was an M&Pc in .40. I had all kinds of problems with it. Slide would hang back at least once per mag when the gun was not empty. Sent it back to Smith, they changed some springs and things. I tested it once (and it worked fine) before I sold it. No second chances for me if you are firearm that's failed.

Now I carry a Sig P239 SAS in 9mm.

Edited by kiggy74

I have an LCR .38 but have not carried yet.

I need to get to the range more to get comfortable with my abilities before I will try carrying.

I liked the snub nosed revolver for the simplicity and reliability, while still being very small and light. And the LCR just felt much more comfortable in my hand tha the S&W Airweights.

Craig