new girl

ninjachic

I realize I'm new to the forum too but... I second the MSF course for a new rider invaluable. I NEVER put my bikes away, as long as it's not single digits or snow on the ground... I'll take the bike out.

Here's a tip for ya, a properly maintained machine will handle better and ride better and is going to be infinitely safer. Simple things like air pressure in your tires, make a routine out of checking your machine and you will never find out the hard way why that stuff is so important. Once a week, normally saturday morning I go over the bikes and check tire pressure, oil, tread wear etc.

ATGATT - Amen brother, and just in case you don't know what that means, I didn't get it the first few times I saw it. All The Gear, All The Time. Wear your gear, it absolutely can and will save your hide/life.

Back in the early 90's a close friend of mine got off his Hurricane at about 100 going around a corner cause his throttle stuck wide open. He was wearing all his gear and aside from a raspberry from the back of his neck to the top of his left calf... he was fine. So... wear your gear :)

Good luck and listen to the adviCe of others with a grain of salt, everyone has opinions on everything, compare it with what you already know and go from there ;) having an open mind is never a bad thing either.

Keep the shiny side up!

Edited by hasafraker
redkow97 gonna burst a vessle if he sees adviSe again ;)
  • Upvote 2

it was actually stuck open, and he was goofin off, he was going around Condor Curve which is just off the Marine Corps base in 29 Palms and when he tried to roll the trottle off no dice wide open bat outta hell going for broke... dunno, guess he would have done a lot of things (turn off the key) but when you're on a machine that's wide open and the trottle don't work, you have a split second to decide... rear end the truck in front of me or take my chances with the sand/Yucca plants. I'm just glad he made it :)

Edited by hasafraker