new girl

ninjachic

dont put a cover on a bike outside unless you have the bike strapped down. The damn things act like a sail in the wind and it will get knocked over

and to the rest of you, I find it no surprise a woman starts a thread and drama ensues. Carry on friends :D

:lol: that is awesome.

fake, but funny.

I would offer you a bike cover, but it's probably not worthing shipping. If you're up this way, I haven't used it in a while.

Should only be like $20 at walmart anyway though. The thing is, 99% of covers are "dust" covers. They rarely keep a bike completely dry, and as Brian noted, they can act like a sail in high winds.

You'll want to park the bike with the kick-stand near a solid object, and then run a cable lock through the subframe or rearset to prevent it from falling away from teh side stand while covered.

For those arguing over trail breaking, please see the link below...

http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122811

I wasn't taught not to brake in turns. I was taught to not brake in turns unless you had to, and then gently, while increasing braking pressure as the bike was brought to an upright position before stopping.

This, I now understand to be a basic skill taught in the Basic Rider's Course. This post from the link above sheds light on why braking techniques in turns are not thrust upon inexperienced riders still trying to grasp the very basics while keeping the shiny side shiny.

>> As an MSF RiderCoach I teach my students to finish all their braking before the turn.

I teach this approach partly because this is the required curriculum and partly because I need to separate developing the braking skills (corner speed selection skill) from the turning skills or they will be overwhelmed and confused and not learn anything.

I work with my students to be smooth as at their skill level (beginner) and the limited time I have to work with them (8 hours on the range), this is the best I can give them.

I know from experience on the road and track that you can use the brakes in the turn but you have to be SMOOTH. Motorcycle reward smooth and punish abruptness (grabbing brakes, throttle, turning...).

Thus I stress smooth throughout the MSF course.

When students ask me about braking in or into a turn I tell them it is advanced skill that is beyond the scope of the course. Individually, I tell them this is a skill best learned on a controlled course and suggest they seek out trackday training.

I wish I had the time to teach them how to brake into a corner. For some students it would take many many hours of working with them because they are so limited in coordination... <<

As long as I can keep my ass off the ground and my bike from getting broken, I'm open to ideas that work well. You guys are awesome and come up with great information.

4) is jbot's mom hot?

equal opportunity?

I can't believe you guys missed this. You all are getting slow in your old age :nono:

dont put a cover on a bike outside unless you have the bike strapped down. The damn things act like a sail in the wind and it will get knocked over

A friend of mine just had this happen to her on Sunday. Not really out in the open, building on one side, tree on the other and her car on the 3rd side. It did not turn out well for the car or the bike :nono:

equal opportunity?

I can't believe you guys missed this. You all are getting slow in your old age :nono:

Nope not missed, I already covered that early in this thread. You're slow and old ;)

Besides its been a long time since I've met a girl that wasn't "equal opportunity" atleast not after a coupe drinks and proper encouragement

equal opportunity?

A friend of mine just had this happen to her on Sunday. Not really out in the open, building on one side, tree on the other and her car on the 3rd side. It did not turn out well for the car or the bike :nono:

DAMN!!!! My bikes already pretty banged up from the previous owner but I'd like not to bang it up more so. Guess I'll have to figure something out until I move.

Thought this thread was about the show. :/

Anyways, welcome! Don't hesitate to use the forum vendors for help on anything you need for you or your bike.

Thanks, Next spring, I KNOW I will need to take you up on that cuz I'm sure there is a lot my bike needs.

Dude! If you don't have her phone number by now you're slacking. By now, with all the effort you've put in, you should be in the middle of a sketti dinner.

:)

Ive not even begun to put effort in, nor asked for a number. Im just friendly and shiet. If I had put effort in you would be 4 pages into taking notes by now and niether her nor I would have any posts on here because we would be too dehydrated to type. ;)

Dude! If you don't have her phone number by now you're slacking. By now, with all the effort you've put in, you should be in the middle of a sketti dinner.

:)

you're right he is slacking hard core right now!!!! he's gotta work a lot harder if he wants my number

Ive not even begun to put effort in, nor asked for a number. Im just friendly and shiet. If I had put effort in you would be 4 pages into taking notes by now and niether her nor I would have any posts on here because we would be too dehydrated to type. ;)

oh somebody's cocky. step in line boy. you're gonna have to work harder than the rest of them to get at this chic