What would you do?

ninjachic

well that's what got me to ask this question. I stayed up for a while after I called the cops and paid attention to what was going on around me. This is one of the biggest apartment complexes in central ohio. I never saw another light come on and I'm sure there had to have been at least 20-25 other complexes that shouldve heard it. I am stopping by later to at least let the landlords know what was going on. and my gun is for personal protection. Thats why I just called the cops and didnt get involved after that. but considering I was the only apt with lights on, Im sure it's pretty obvious it was me. But that doesnt worry me at all. If he wants to come at me for calling the cops, i'll be sure to teach him a lesson he'll never forget. I would never kill him but he'll know not to fuck with me.

I'm one of the biggest Feminazi's on this board but I suggest not provoking that beast. If hes dumb enough to loudly abuse his girlfriend in a large complex he wont think twice about hitting someone who told him they called the cops on him. If he does decide to come to your door don't answer, just call the cops and they'll handle it. :)

WHAT?! So you're saying anyone getting beat, male or female, you would just look away and do nothing?

myself personally, I'd say 75% of the time yes. The other 25% is if I have prior knowledge of the situation, it is someone I know/care about or if I actually see a physical altercation occurring.

myself personally, I'd say 75% of the time yes. The other 25% is if I have prior knowledge of the situation, it is someone I know/care about or if I actually see a physical altercation occurring.

Well I'm talking about the witnessing of the physical altercation.. If you can plain as day hear a huge disturbance and someone yells for help you wouldn't call?

Here's the other thing. When I called the cops, I did not tell them that he was beating her because I could see anything. All I told them was that she was screaming on the top of her lungs "help me" repeatedly. and All I could here downstairs was him yelling and a lot of banging and this is all loud enough to wake me up. They asked me what I thought was going on, and I said honestly I dont know because I cannot see anything but from what I can hear it sounds serious and it is very loud. So part of my call to the cops was because she yelled for help, the other part was as a noise complaint. It wasnt until I heard the cops talking about a DV did I know what was actually going on.

Well I'm talking about the witnessing of the physical altercation.. If you can plain as day hear a huge disturbance and someone yells for help you wouldn't call?

If the help call was followed by direct instructions of "help, someone call the police he/she is hurting me" then in that instance yes I would. If all I heard was commotion and a help yell 80% chance I'm gonna do nothing

If the help call was followed by direct instructions of "help, someone call the police he/she is hurting me" then in that instance yes I would. If all I heard was commotion and a help yell 80% chance I'm gonna do nothing

so you wouldnt have even called about a noise complaint?

so you wouldnt have even called about a noise complaint?

when it comes to people I do not know, I tend to be an asshole first until they prove to me I don't need to be an asshole. Even though I've in short time become an old "get off my lawn" fart at an early age, I do not believe in noise complaints. I will take it in to my own hands to out annoy said noise for maximum laughs on my end

I did stop by the leasing office a few min ago and let them know what was going on. They said if he's not on the lease they can ask him to leave and that they will keep an eye out for anything. they also said if I hear anything like that again, not to hesitate to call the authorities again.

WHAT?! So you're saying anyone getting beat, male or female, you would just look away and do nothing?

If it is clearly DV and I don't know either party, damn skippy I am not getting involved. If I know either party I will, and have taken hits to protect/stop the violence.

Random act of violence, say something like a gay bashing, if I think I can physically do something to cause the violence to stop, yes, if not I look the other way.

Bottom line is, I am the last person that will EVER call a LEO. I would not even call a LEO even if I was the recipient of a beat down. I will never trust a LEO, and if I can't take care of it legally without a LEO, I will just deal with whatever is falling on me.

And before anyone jumps on "well if you were not a criminal" bullshit, I am not, clean record (sans 3 traffic violations in 21 years of driving).

If it is clearly DV and I don't know either party, damn skippy I am not getting involved. If I know either party I will, and have taken hits to protect/stop the violence.

Random act of violence, say something like a gay bashing, if I think I can physically do something to cause the violence to stop, yes, if not I look the other way.

Bottom line is, I am the last person that will EVER call a LEO. I would not even call a LEO even if I was the recipient of a beat down. I will never trust a LEO, and if I can't take care of it legally without a LEO, I will just deal with whatever is falling on me.

And before anyone jumps on "well if you were not a criminal" bullshit, I am not, clean record (sans 3 traffic violations in 21 years of driving).

Hmmm, there must be an underlying story there. I see no reason to fear/hate cops. Yeah there are dirty cops but they can't ALL be bad, can they? I may be Naïve being I've only been able to judge people for 26 years but I don't see how they can all be bad.

Hmmm, there must be an underlying story there. I see no reason to fear/hate cops. Yeah there are dirty cops but they can't ALL be bad, can they? I may be Naïve being I've only been able to judge people for 26 years but I don't see how they can all be bad.

your right I am sure there are a few OK ones in the mix, but they are few and far between. Even the few I know socially, I will never trust them, and will never invite any of them to my home.

You never know what will happen. I had a neighbor girl and her sister get into it with a guy one night. North campus. Eventually some one called the cops, and they arrested everyone on outstanding warrants. Not counting what was happening then. Which was the younger sister hooking and the dude wouldn't pay. So she stabbed him. Not stabbed very well, he went berserk. Yeah, it was loud.

When in doubt, call that police dispatcher and ask them. Tell them what you see/hear. Let them decide. It's what they do for a living. They've got a lot of practice.

I don't think I'd have done anything differently. If it's loud enough to wake you up, you at least have a noise complaint. If he's also beating the shit out of her, well that's for the cops to figure out when they address the noise complaint.

I would call' date=' but I wouldn't expect much to happen. Most likely, she won't press charges and won't leave, but that doesn't mean a report shouldnt be written.[/quote']

Good point. Yeah Ninjachic I think you did the right thing, I more than likely would have done that too..........and I hate getting woken up!!