$20,000 for an automobile, what would you buy?

e-flores

I have a good friend who had one (and incidentally traded it for a two door), and it was a nice vehicle. But Wranglers have two doors. When you put four doors on it, it becomes something else. Call it the Cherokee Off-Road for all I care, but it's like giving a Miata a hard top and four doors. It's not a Miata anymore. It's an Mazda3.

That's why it's an "Wrangler Unlimited", not just a "Wrangler".

It also happens to be the highest resale value vehicle you can buy in the US.

I paid $37k OTD for my $41k MSRP Jeep, it has 15k miles on it, and i turned down a $35k offer for it last month.

By your thinking, you probably don't believe a BMW M5 isn't a sorts car...am i right?

It also happens to be the highest resale value vehicle you can buy in the US.

I paid $37k OTD for my $41k MSRP Jeep, it has 15k miles on it, and i turned down a $35k offer for it last month.

This is the truth! The guy at the dealership I am dealing with said its often better to buy new and if you're not careful you will pay more for a used one. I didn't believe him until I went home and started doing the research.

Drove a new 2013 Focus St today.......fucking sweet!!!! 6 speed 250 hp and handles like a dream, allot of car for around 23K for the base model. Sneaky fast too, didnt want to run too hard because only has 1100 miles, but the turbo kicks in very nicely I must say.

I have a BRZ- Limited. 28K MSRP. Fantastic car. Couldn't use it as my only vehicle. Much nicer than the 25K FR-S. Had one of those for 2 months. BRZ is super loaded and fun to drive. Great mileage, great handling. Not sure about using in snow, RWD. Small interior. Practically no back seats. Insurance twice the price of my Sonata.

To those who always buy used, great idea if paying cash. Not as great with loan. New car interest rates are often 1-3% and may get exactly what you want for only slightly more money.

I had Evo9 before and was great all around car, but no CC and limited range on fuel >250 miles, sometimes under 210.

Mazda 3 is great car.

Hyundai Sonata is great car for $20K. I paid $17.5K in 2011 for 6 speed base model. Hint, Hyundai base models are loaded (bluetooth, cc, power everything, etc).

Hyundai's are like American cars with features, but cheaper and more reliable like Japanese cars. Sonata has huge trunk. I would stay away from anything German unless you have a hookup on maintenance. Lifetime costs are way up there.