Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2013

Casper

Guess I better skip the trip then a take a class to learn this.

you dont need no damn class. I'm no pro or real fast dude by any means but I learned how to ACTUALLY ride on my very first gap trip by listening to similar advice that MT is giving and following the lines of some excellent riders

You don't have to be a fast rider to ride at the gap. You just have to be a smart rider.

Leave your ego in Ohio and don't ride stupid and you'll be fine. You will not be left behind.

That said, get as many miles as you can before the trip and don't show up with busted/worn equipment. Fresh tires are a must.

You don't need a class. It's seat time and following someone willing to help. And not letting your ego get in the way by knowing when to back off the throttle. There's a group there for every pace, make sure you're in the right one and if someone tells you you're in the wrong group......take their word for it and switch groups

i wouldn't skip the deals gap trip for a track day. i don't think i would skip a race weekend for it, but a track day? nahhh

that said, riding with a few people on fun roads is no substitute for a full day of riding on track with instructors that will cover a pretty thorough course of study relating to riding.

no offense to the midget or badmexican, but while i wouldn't skip a baller trip like this one for a track day, i would still do a track day on a different date (preferably, before the trip) for the education. it's no silver bullet for riding shitty (as i can personally attest), but i think it helps and it will be quite a different experience than getting some pointers from experienced riders.

no offense to the midget or badmexican, but while i wouldn't skip a baller trip like this one for a track day, i would still do a track day on a different date (preferably, before the trip) for the education. it's no silver bullet for riding shitty (as i can personally attest), but i think it helps and it will be quite a different experience than getting some pointers from experienced riders.

I'm absolutely not saying don't do track days. Just saying don't skip this trip for one. I love track days and you'll learn more in one track day than in an entire season on the street.

I'm absolutely not saying don't do track days. Just saying don't skip this trip for one. I love track days and you'll learn more in one track day than in an entire season on the street.

I agree.

eventually I'll get my ass out for a track day but for now I'll just rely on IP making fun of all the shit I do wrong so I can learn

I agree.

eventually I'll get my ass out for a track day but for now I'll just rely on IP making fun of all the shit I do wrong so I can learn

Sadly I don't have anyone I ride with that does that lol.

You don't have to be a fast rider to ride at the gap. You just have to be a smart rider.

Leave your ego in Ohio and don't ride stupid and you'll be fine. You will not be left behind.

That said, get as many miles as you can before the trip and don't show up with busted/worn equipment. Fresh tires are a must.

No better advice can be given, you speak the truth. And all the roads down there are gonna test you and your bike, so both needs to be in tip top shape. Damn I wish I could make this trip, but I have already committed to another.

Because until I know I an using correct body position its going to bug the hell out of me in every corner and the tripjust wont be fun if I am guessing myself in every turn.

my body positioning has to be all kinds of terrible and some of my lines are completely questionable yet I assure you doesn't remove one bit of fun that is had down there

my body positioning has to be all kinds of terrible and some of my lines are completely questionable yet I assure you doesn't remove one bit of fun that is had down there

your body position was horrible and your lines looked like dot to dot puzzle done by Hellen Keller

On the walk home from the bonfire :lol:

• Upvote 1

Because until I know I an using correct body position its going to bug the hell out of me in every corner and the tripjust wont be fun if I am guessing myself in every turn.

You are over thinking the whole process, and you are being way too hard on yourself over nothing. You are going to be with allot of experienced riders that will only help you and take care of you while down there "or anywhere for that matter". You are missing out on a great time and a valuable learning experience, don't bail out due to a stupid reason.

Easy now I said I will stil go. As far as being too hard on myself I have been and always will be lets just leave it at never being good enough at anything for my parents, old habits die hard.

Lame. There's over a month to play before then. Chicken, there's girls going with less seat time than you. Don't be a puss.

Come ride with us Sunday in Coshocton

That would be me!!!

Eh guess I'll still go if anything its time alone from the wife and kids.

You really should. It's a great opportunity to get some serious riding in and there will be people who will hang back and ride with you, if not you can ride with me but I doubt you'll want to go quite that slow. :p

your body position was horrible and your lines looked like dot to dot puzzle done by Hellen Keller

On the walk home from the bonfire :lol:

I don't think I could laugh any harder today. This is pure gold

I refuse to ride because I'm not good at riding????? Huh, riding and learning makes one a better rider.

Good to see you are still coming.

And those skipping out, you will regret it. The gap is a wonderful place to be. Great biking and car culture. A lot of friendly folks, food and twisties.

Track days are a few times per month, easy to do another one of those before or after.

Chris