What we got for Christmas! 2012 edition

max power

Char-Broil vertical smoker.

Cliff's notes for seasoning it? (Save me the time looking it up! :lol:)

Take the grates out and spray the entire inside all with cooking spray like Pam. Get the temp up in there as hot as you can for at least 30 minutes, gotta burn that oil into the walls and ceiling and get all the paint fumes out of there.

Edited by Pokey

Take the grates out and spray the entire inside all with cooking spray like Pam. Get the temp up in there as hot as you can for at least 30 minutes, gotta burn that oil into the walls and ceiling and get all the paint fumes out of there.

Pretty much what I thought. Same thing you do with cast iron cookware, for the most part.

Char-Broil vertical smoker.

Cliff's notes for seasoning it? (Save me the time looking it up! :lol:)

If it's a Char-Broil H2O Water Smoker, I've used mine for 20 years and never seasoned it once. It's self seasoning, it seems to me.

One word of advice, if it's a charcoal smoker, make sure the flame has burned out before you place the body on the fire pan or you will burn the paint off of it. Don't ask.

Gun stuff I got an 8 pocket mag pouch with 7 more mags for the 1911 along with an alice belt and a Blackhawk Serpa retention holster.

Bike parts for the Duc I got an EVR billet sprocket cover and some cool bolt covers to dress things up. The lower triple and a bunch of other stuff is out being powder coated. For the Triumph I got the correct parts to swap it over for GP shift.

Pretty much what I thought. Same thing you do with cast iron cookware, for the most part.

If it's the same as cast iron, there's a good writeup on Cook's Illustrated (which hasn't been wrong about anything we're tried in the past), a blurb is here: http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/757023

I'll warn you, their method is extremely durable however it takes FOREVER. The article is for a griddle or wok, and they're calling for 5 iterations of flaxseed oil baked on for a combined 15 hours.

AR 15 to myself. From the fam and gfs fam: Honda Lawn Mower, Cash and gift cards for a new Hot water tank, Fin Feather Fur Gift card, clothes, Dark Knight Trilogy, tools and misc house stuff was pretty much all of it other than these two

and 2 of my 3 fave gifts this year were from the gf:

36490_10100848848996815_1267927021_n.jpg

28069_10100849125752195_1639539646_n.jpg

I'll chime in: Tickets to Lewis Black in February, some assistance with my kitchen project (bowdog, I'll be hitting you up as soon as my tax refund shows up :) ), a New York Rangers gnome (awesome!), and assorted stocking bits. From me to me: another 23in LCD monitor/UPS for home networking gear/Weather radio with crank, bought my parents one as well.

This year I did the vast majority of shopping on Amazon (with Prime) and I'm never dealing with the crowded store bullshits again.

My mom is an inhibitor

I believe the term is "enabler", but I'll let you slide this time.

:D

I got myself an AR, cash from in-laws, some movies from the wife, a bonus from works (only the 2nd one since working 4 years there). We kept things tight this year.

The Mrs. picked me up a GP Hero3, Madden 13 from my son (go figure, lol) and a new notepad and pen from my youngest so that I can keep putting notes in her lunchbox each day. Got a nice Lowe's gc from the in-laws, and much needed time with my wife and kids. Best Christmas in a long while.

• Upvote 1