What's your dream car?

max power

there are a few: first and foremost...

if someone is just giving me a car and it can be any car that's been made, but i have to keep it and drive it..(not sell it ever)

cadillac-sixteen-concept.jpg

Cadillac Sixteen, over 1000 horsepower, 35 mpg and just oozes class, and I can only imagine how beautiful that v16 sounds when you stomp the gas pedal into the carpet...

Dream car from my childhood....

Lamborghini_Countach2.jpg

Lamborghini Countach circa 1989... care of "rumble in the bronx"

"dream car" I'm actually planning on purchasing...

1983_delorean_dmc-12-pic-34836.jpeg

83 Delorean DMC-12 black interior and 5 speed... if i can find one decked out in BTTF part 1 movie prop, then that will be a bonus.

The next car I plan to buy from a dealer...

33700986-640.jpg

Caddy XLR, Red or Black, and -V if I can afford it.

There are plenty of other cars I'd love to have, and one I plan to build. (once the eldo goes kaput, I'm dropping the body on a corvette, gto, or camaro chassis so I can have a RWD, LS powered Eldorado with a 6 speed manual.)

Might come out something like this... but in a better color.

EldoRODo.jpg

Dream car from my childhood....

Lamborghini Countach circa 1989... care of "rumble in the bronx"

I went for a spin in one of those once. Thought it was an 84 but it had the fuel injection. It was an absolute junk car with a sweet sounding engine. Put a bad taste in my mouth for all things Italian as style-over-quality.

I recall making a clay model of one in grade school art class though...

I love German engineering and even though I own an older Porsche, this the one I'd love to have - 997 twin turbo:

997TT_top.jpg

porsche-997-turbo-911-wednesday-011112-1920x1200.jpg

Right next to it in my garage, I'd love to have this one (and a bit more practical):

f1513_raptor_pg_lg_1.jpg

I had the 77 TransAm 400 with T black with gold bird (just like the bandits) when i was 17. Thats how i learned how to work on cars;)

Lamborghini was also a childhood dream of mine.

Now, my celica with 20-30,000 in upgrades.

Ah yes, the whopping 200hp 6.6L. Kid at school had one of these, couldn't believe he showed up with the 16.8 dial-in still on the windshield.

Yea its funny looking back at cars from the late 70s early 80s. The "fast" cars wouldnt keep up with the average economy car today. Huge vehicles with big V8s that put out under 200hp.

I had a '78 Electra with a 350 with about 185hp. Comfy big boat, but not fast. Loved that you could fit as much in the trunk as a small pickup :D

Similar to this

4708286214_a5cbd0f812.jpg

Craig

Edited by CBBaron

Ah yes, the whopping 200hp 6.6L. Kid at school had one of these, couldn't believe he showed up with the 16.8 dial-in still on the windshield.

Lol. Mine was pretty built by the PO. I couldn't tell you how much power it had, but it was plenty fast. All I remember is that it had a built Olds 406 motor.

The choke wasn't set up right, so it wouldn't start when the temp dropped below 32*, which was perfect.

Lol. Mine was pretty built by the PO. I couldn't tell you how much power it had, but it was plenty fast. All I remember is that it had a built Olds 406 motor.

I suppose once you bump the compression to something higher than 8:1 you'd be in a whole 'nother ballpark.

I've always dreamed of a bandit T/A like this '79 400 4speed E606240C-6CEC-4D14-B7BC-BC872F13EA4A-8321-000010392A9A6ABA.jpg... driving my '98 Z28 is a dream - paid cash for it, 0-60mph @5.4sec, gets 22mpg too, so until I stumble into lottery $$$$$ - this is my dream 4F1D0CF8-31EC-4841-8FAF-DD5AF20BA927-4339-00000947066E1807.jpg

I had a '76 Firebird I was going to restore and like a dumbass sold it didn't need much other than carpet, seat covers and paint