The EPIC Ohio Group Ride

NinjaDoc

I knew where I was the whole time...on my bike somewhere in Ohio :)

Would be nice to shake hands after the ride for a change.

Some phone numbers should be exchanged within each group and between

all groups.

Agreed. We even missed the restaurant stop after the ride in addition to not finishing

the planned route. I didn't know there was going to be one. More communication this

time will help make things run a little smoother for everyone.

The Newark group will have printed route sheets for each rider with times and

distances. I want to cover all bases as best I can.

If we get a concrete route planned up and links posted here, everyone will have a shared itinerary. But that is dependant on the stop/go point too, where do we start? Large parking area that's close to fuel/drink/shit-n-piss would be best so there's accommodations. Secondly, do we move the meet point between Lancaster/Pickerington areas to centralize things? Then we can just ride S/Se and loop back north

Dinner plans can be made after the ride for those wanting to hang out or

stay the night.

As long as another of the Newark group stays for dinner, no one has to ride back

north alone, and I can get back to Newark by dark, I may be interested in having

dinner.

Do you have a place in mind?

How long was last years? We didn't get back till it was getting dark. I don't

even know if we made the hole route lol

But, October's Dream Ride was pushed back two hours because of weather.

We left Newark at 1:30 PM. Also, sunset was at 7:05 PM that day.

Sunset for 4 May 2013 is 8:29 PM. That's one hour more of daylight and

a departure time two hours earlier.

Let's discuss this route option. Meet and leave from Logan at 11:30AM, gas stop at "F", back to Logan at approximately 3:30PM

The 555 is not the best of high speed roads but I'm not opposed to it.

This route is 156 mi, 3 hours 39 mins.

I have no objections.

Edited by JackFlash

But, October's Dream Ride was pushed back two hours because of weather.

We left Newark at 1:30 PM. Also, sunset was at 7:05 PM that day.

Sunset for 4 May 2013 is 8:29 PM. That's one hour more of daylight and

a departure time two hours earlier.

assuming we arent killed with rain again

the route and meet up location sounds good to me, hope for more input from others.

1. Would like to keep the equation simple, just meet and ride and finish it with no lunch in between. met time around 11 means lot of time for late brunch before ride :D The post ride "grab a bite" would let it be decided on the individual basis if they have time for it etc. almost all of the neo guys far Sw guys would prefer to take off to reach home before dark.

2. The second day of riding also would be decided by individual basis, many peeps seems to stay back and its worth it to ride the next day also as seo has lot to offer. I guess its better to plan it on the go, based on who is showing up etc, outside the main ride plan to make it less complicating.

3. Hopefully some of you guys can do the scout run of the route to see if the roads are in decent condition and meet spot and gas stop are good locations etc. The last two years we were fortunate to have no bad incidents and good clean roads played a big role in it.

4. Will need volunteers for lead and sweep, we might have to do upto 7 groups even if weather turns out to be awesome.

5. Keep sunday as a rain day if saturday is rainy? or entirely new weekend? thoughts?

UP had send me couple more details and instructions, i will update the first post with it soon.

Edited by NinjaDoc

the route and meet up location sounds good to me, hope for more input from others.

1. Would like to keep the equation simple, just meet and ride and finish it with no lunch in between. met time around 11 means lot of time for late brunch before ride :D The post ride "grab a bite" would let it be decided on the individual basis if they have time for it etc. almost all of the neo guys far Sw guys would prefer to take off to reach home before dark.

2. The second day of riding also would be decided by individual basis, many peeps seems to stay back and its worth it to ride the next day also as seo has lot to offer. I guess its better to plan it on the go, based on who is showing up etc, outside the main ride plan to make it less complicating.

3. Hopefully some of you guys can do the scout run of the route to see if the roads are in decent condition and meet spot and gas stop are good locations etc. The last two years we were fortunate to have no bad incidents and good clean roads played a big role in it.

4. Will need volunteers for lead and sweep, we might have to do upto 7 groups even if weather turns out to be awesome.

5. Keep sunday as a rain day if saturday is rainy? or entirely new weekend? thoughts?

UP had send me couple more details and instructions, i will update the first post with it soon.

Good plan.....