The EPIC Ohio Group Ride

NinjaDoc

very nice, hows the traffic around this area? Easy for big group of bikes to navigate without causing much traffic congestion :D ?

Depends on were the start of the route is. If you leave the parking lot to the right u can take that scott free of lights to 180 or get on 33 to take ya to 374 or go left take a right at a light fallow that road to 664 it goes past Walmart and over 33. Hope I'm not confusing you.

Hour for me:D

well Bolivar is another hour of all highway just for me to get to. For me just to get to and from the Hocking meet point is over 300 miles in addition to whatever the actual loop will be. I just like to bitch sometimes :lol:

Depends on were the start of the route is. If you leave the parking lot to the right u can take that scott free of lights to 180 or get on 33 to take ya to 374 or go left take a right at a light fallow that road to 664 it goes past Walmart and over 33. Hope I'm not confusing you.

oky, sounds good, UP had a decent route plotted out. Will u guys be able to do that loop some time to see if the roads are in good condition etc. I can pm you that.

Hour for me:D

:cry: its about 5 hours away for us northwest and northeast guys

oky, sounds good, UP had a decent route plotted out. Will u guys be able to do that loop some time to see if the roads are in good condition etc. I can pm you that.

:cry: its about 5 hours away for us northwest and northeast guys

Just hit me up man when you do the loop I'll try to meet ya down there.

I think he wanted you to scout the loop and let him know since your so close.

Ooh lol I could do that too. Just need the route that they wanna hit. Just got off work I don't read everything to a T haha he sure did say that. Yea doc we can check it out.

Are people expecting this to be a ride or a meet and greet with a parade? I'm guessing if people are planning to stay in the area then they would want a decent ride.

People that don't want to stay in the area should have plenty of time to ride to and from if it's planned right and everything works out. Leave home at 7:00AM, arrive in Logan by 11:00AM, group ride from 11:30AM to 3:30PM, leave for home at 4:00PM and arrive back home by 8:00PM all of this within daylight hours.

Those staying the night or just want to hang out after, could meet at a local restaurant

I like that idea. Suggestions?

Sounds good, anybody that is planning on scouting that weekend or just in the area is more than welcome to stop by the campground for some burgers/brats. Have some lunch and then do a bit of riding.

I like that idea too. Details?

Let's not forget we need a meet up time and a location for the 2nd

day as well. Some who can not make it on Saturday may wish to

ride on Sunday and they will need info.

The clock is ticking.

I can't figure out how to allow time enough for people to get there, group ride, make it home let alone have a lunch stop. Do you know how long it takes to get service for seventy people? Something will have to give and the only thing that has time into it is the group ride. I'm thinking of about 160 miles for a ride and if a lunch break needs to be part of the event then the ride can be no longer than 100 miles if that. Eating is for a meet and greet not a ride.

If a lunch break is what it takes to get maximum participation then so be it but that is a whole different set of logistics not needed in planning a state wide group ride. One or the other can be done but I doubt both and still expect state wide participation.

I like that idea. Suggestions?

I like that idea too. Details?

Let's not forget we need a meet up time and a location for the 2nd

day as well. Some who can not make it on Saturday may wish to

ride on Sunday and they will need info.

The clock is ticking.

What is the main time for the central area meeting spot... I plan to ride with you guys.

I can't figure out how to allow time enough for people to get there, group ride, make it home let alone have a lunch stop. Do you know how long it takes to get service for seventy people? Something will have to give and the only thing that has time into it is the group ride. I'm thinking of about 160 miles for a ride and if a lunch break needs to be part of the event then the ride can be no longer than 100 miles if that. Eating is for a meet and greet not a ride.

If a lunch break is what it takes to get maximum participation then so be it but that is a whole different set of logistics not needed in planning a state wide group ride. One or the other can be done but I doubt both and still expect state wide participation.

I agree I ment get food for those who deside to stay late or the night.

I agree I ment get food for those who deside to stay late or the night.

Not trying to single you out, more of just trying to get a feel for what this event's expectations are. I can help Nivin organize a group ride not so much a meet and greet.

Is 160 miles too much for a group ride?

Eating is for a meet and greet not a ride.

If it's any help, the original posting states:

What this is NOT

There wont be any cook out or eating etc. Simple plain hand shakes chit chat, drink some water, munch on a cereal bar and off we go to ride together.

Other helpful info:

How does it work?

The equation is simple, ohio riders from different parts like SW , NEO etc organize group rides and ride out to a common location in central ohio. Here we have a brief meet and greet. Re organize our self and does a short loop together before we split off.

Route: Will be a Loop of about 100 miles around Hocking hills area

Doc posted this. You might want to discuss it with him considering there is already talk about a meet place in Logan.

>> Planning to have meet spot close to I70 to make it easier on a lot of peeps

A lot of the wording is from last October's ride. Page one of this thread tells you more of what you are wondering.

Edited by JackFlash

No one expected me to read the first post did they? Entirely too many words. 100 miles would be easy to organize because a gas stop wouldn't be needed but a lot of work for people to get to for little payoff. If you are making an effort to get there from the flatlands wouldn't you want to have more time riding the good roads?

The only thing I do know is that the ride needs to start and end at the same location, no leaving people stranded out in the middle of nowhere.

Ooh no man your good, I just meant for the night activities but yea start and stop location should definitely be the same spot for anyone not familier with the area. Thats what happened last year I didnt know were I was lol.

Edited by Dying Shadow