Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2016

Casper

42 minutes ago, durk said:

Still off topic. Tim are they charging you again to replace the same stuff?

I let a lot of things fly. But absolutely not. I am not paying a dime. Even if they want me to. But I set precedence with Sean at Northern Ohio Ducati, I asked/told him that if his techs find that this is the same issue, then all of the parts and labor are between you (dealership) and the parts manufacturers. I already paid my share in shit bullshit.

Just now, TimTheAzn said:

I let a lot of things fly. But absolutely not. I am not paying a dime. Even if they want me to. But I set precedence with Sean at Northern Ohio Ducati, I asked/told him that if his techs find that this is the same issue, then all of the parts and labor are between you (dealership) and the parts manufacturers. I already paid my share in shit bullshit.

Even without you saying anything I would be shocked if they tried to charge you.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tonik said:

Even without you saying anything I would be shocked if they tried to charge you.

Yea we were on the same page with that.

Now I need to get the bike back, so I can put some miles on her and make sure shes ok. Or else you"ll see the VFR on Wed morning.

Yea we were on the same page with that.

Now I need to get the bike back, so I can put some miles on her and make sure shes ok. Or else you"ll see the VFR on Wed morning.

Does it have an idiot light or gauge for the charging system?  I ask because lots of bikes don't have one, mine is one of them.  I always add one so I know something is up before the battery completely dies. It adds piece of mind after events like this. You may recall me adding it in Sam's driveway. Below is the one I get, they have a fake chrome one too.

https://www.amazon.com/Kuryakyn-4218-Black-Battery-Gauge/dp/B000GU5WNO?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

Does it have an idiot light or gauge for the charging system?  I ask because lots of bikes don't have one, mine is one of them.  I always add one so I know something is up before the battery completely dies. It adds piece of mind after events like this. You may recall me adding it in Sam's driveway. Below is the one I get, they have a fake chrome one too.

https://www.amazon.com/Kuryakyn-4218-Black-Battery-Gauge/dp/B000GU5WNO?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

I literally was just discussing that with Paul via text. We both think it's a good idea. I wish I woulda thought of it sooner so I could have got one and then had Ducati install it while they had it apart.

Sent from my iPhone.

I literally was just discussing that with Paul via text. We both think it's a good idea. I wish I woulda thought of it sooner so I could have got one and then had Ducati install it while they had it apart.

Sent from my iPhone.

Do you have any accessory leads that are not in use, it can plug in anywhere that is 'switched'.  Hopefully near the front like behind the headlight where they often are. A lead that is off when the key is off, and on when it is on.  It's a five minute job, I will do it for you.

9 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

That's good that they are planning to cover stuff they already did. Says they are quality. I get what Pauly is saying about letting them handle it, but if their only answer is it was faulty parts I would be worried. I understand you can get faulty parts, but man I would hope they look deeper into it. Hope it all works out. 

6 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Do you have any accessory leads that are not in use, it can plug in anywhere that is 'switched'.  Hopefully near the front like behind the headlight where they often are. A lead that is off when the key is off, and on when it is on.  It's a five minute job, I will do it for you.

Ah ok. I'll go ahead and order this part now... Amazon says it'll be here by Friday..... 

When would you want to meet up and do it?

Edited by TimTheAzn

20 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Oh boy oh boy oh boy. 

Final packing was tonight. Fresh oil and filter. Air filter cleaned and oiled. New tires. Chain and sprockets prime. All in all ready to roll. 

Even though I work this Friday, riding to work packed up and knowing the trip begins at 5pm kinda makes that day fly by. Like I'm not even there. 

Once down to NC, I'm riding the Smoky Mountain 500, an established 500 mile loop around NC and GA with over 70% off pavement. . With all side loops and camping each night should take 4 days if I cruise easy, which I plan to do. 

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/smokey-moluntain-500.926507/

Will see Tim down there a few days before most of you, but look forward to seeing folks at Fontana

Dan are you taking China bike? 

On May 25, 2016 at 9:45 AM, Casper said:

https://m.facebook.com/events/127541104285465?notif_t=plan_edited&notif_id=1464183026241594&ref=m_notif

The fiddies race was moved. Not at Tail of the Dragon anymore. :( 

On May 25, 2016 at 10:05 AM, TimTheAzn said:

Woulda been cool to watch. I wanted to rent a 50 and race with them hahaha.

Figures... I think we've "thought" there was a race 3 times now.

• Upvote 1

Changed oil in the bike and checked all the other fluids and vital parts yesterday. Not going to bother washing it because they are calling for rain all day Sunday, so she's ready to roll. I'll check all my riding gear and pack tomorrow and I'll be all set. That way I can spend quality time with the Mrs. on Saturday.

22 minutes ago, Danimal said:

China is on the road.

Spending tonight at a fellow ADV's place south of Columbus, and then deciding tomorrow which direction to head south.

If I head SE like usual, strong chance of hitting heavy T Storms both Sat and Sunday

If I head SW towards say Paducah KY, I can miss most of it Sat, and then Sunday will be chasing the storms East from behind them.

Forecast for the Gap area is the best I have seen in years before leaving on a trip down there. 

Dude. How did you get out of work so early?  Safe journey Dan. 

Well at a last minute strike of luck, I am going to be able to make it this year. I will be leaving SEO early Thursday Morning and riding all the way down. Staying in the lodge. If anyone wants to ride down with me, they are welcome to.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Well at a last minute strike of luck, I am going to be able to make it this year. I will be leaving SEO early Thursday Morning and riding all the way down. Staying in the lodge. If anyone wants to ride down with me, they are welcome to.

Sweet. 

Think my plans have changed, looks like Sunday will be a complete wash out. No point in spending all day on the freeway in the rain just to spend a extra $40 on a room to watch it rain.(but I still might) Or I might end up just leaving ass crack Monday morning (at like 3 or 4 am) and do a more adventurous route down. The last min forecast will determine.

Edited by 2talltim

• Tonik unpinned this topic