What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

Just got a decent camera drone for my upcoming Arctic Circle trip. If anyone has wanted quality aerial footage of something let me know. I’ll be playing with it as soon as this weather breaks. First planned mission is to film the destruction of the Gorge Dam on the Cuyahoga River. 

Edited by Danimal

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/8/2024 at 9:35 PM, 2talltim said:

Haven't logged in here for a while. But got the ol' Connie out for rip today. After 12year and 80k miles still love this old girl.

20240208_141135.thumb.jpg.4ce5d4784bd9296e2ced430cb8bf8d90.jpg

20240208_141058.thumb.jpg.325c5107bbefa212200503755449ab4a.jpg

I only had the Concours for a short time, but I miss it. I plan to own another. Great compromise between speed and comfort. 

• Upvote 1

Change the oil noticed a big scratch on the gas tank, but that’s what you get for letting some sorority house with poky nipples wash your bike in New York but that’s not something you pass by!

IMG_3991.jpeg

IMG_3990.jpeg

IMG_2595.jpeg

• Upvote 2

On 2/10/2024 at 3:22 PM, marlboro man said:

Change the oil noticed a big scratch on the gas tank, but that’s what you get for letting some sorority house with poky nipples wash your bike in New York but that’s not something you pass by!

Most of us aren't strong enough to resist the power of poky nipples.  Well played sorority.

• Beer 1

42 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Most of us aren't strong enough to resist the power of poky nipples.  Well played sorority.

That must have been some extremely poky nipple to scratch your tank like that!  Must have been a chilly day?

• Beer 1

I did this a while ago, but the forks are back onto the Goldwing. I added a fork brace, too. Shocks came with a spanner, so they're done. (thanks, @Likwid)

I plan to build a marine grade harness for the front fender lights with weatherproof harness termination. Crimped splice joints and electrical tape aren't my style. 

As for the stainless brake lines, I have to remove the fuel tank to access one of the rear brake lines. I need to remove the rear wheel and maybe the swing arm to remove the tank... haven't looked in the service manual yet, but it does slide out the rear of the frame. It currently has 5.5 gallons of 87 octane inside, so that's being shelved until a later date. 

20231222_150335.thumb.jpg.061214032196f396498367ce5da7666e.jpg

Edit: Checked the manual and the tank clears the swingarm. 

20240212_211730.jpg

Edited by Pauly

Know anyone that would be interested in a like new (still under warranty) 2022 Ducati Monster+ 937?

I bought it with the intention of flipping it.  The guy I bought it from had a Ferrari, and Audi RS5, couple classic Porches, expensive boats...he bought the Ducati because he could afford it, but he just wasn't a motorcycle guy.

It's absolutely like new with an excellent IMU based electronics package...lean sensitive TC and ABS, launch control, wheelie control, buttery smooth up/down quick shifter, etc.   It's lightweight (40lbs less than the Monster 821), and flickable.

If you've ever been afraid of Ducati maintenance...the 937 motor is a gem with extended maintenance intervals...18k for valves, and 9k for oil changes.  Asking $11k

1000001889.jpg

IMG_20231209_142726839_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

IMG_20231209_142734576_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

IMG_20231209_173914379.jpg

1000001885.jpg

Edited by Tpoppa
  • Upvote 1

On 2/15/2024 at 8:15 PM, max power said:

I got the dirt bike out last Friday and the FJR out last Sunday. Good times. 

IMG_4737.jpeg

IMG_3663.jpeg

How fast do you guys run on the dirt bikes?  I've got a street legal kit on order for my TE300, but I don't like running much more than 50mph on my current gummy knobbies.

On 2/17/2024 at 6:42 AM, Connie14 said:

How fast do you guys run on the dirt bikes?  I've got a street legal kit on order for my TE300, but I don't like running much more than 50mph on my current gummy knobbies.

Usually around 60 on the roads. I typically run the D606/MT21 combo.  It’s a long way to the good stuff from your location so running highway speed will occasionally be required. I’ll run 70mph on the way to the meet up since I’m always running late. 
we typically do 150-200 mile days. 

Edited by max power

Got the bike out today and cleaned it up, then tore apart my Shoei and assessed the damage. I dropped it at the hotel at Deals Gap last fall and scratched the shield pretty bad. Probably due for an upgrade but helmet prices are just stupid.

IMG_5309.thumb.jpeg.1ed4ccf47f13d2e3b3abaaddb56948ef.jpeg

• Upvote 3

Today I installed the two sensors for my new FOBO TPMS. It’s CarPlay compatible so the display is there live on my CarPlay unit. Seems to work great! 

Also added side pannier pockets to my new Giant Loop tank bag  

Wrapping up the build with an Eclipse party. You folks should stop by. Just south of Wooster. 

IMG_4268.jpeg

IMG_4269.jpeg

IMG_4270.jpeg

IMG_4271.jpeg

IMG_4272.jpeg

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Danimal said:

Wrapping up the build with an Eclipse party. You folks should stop by. Just south of Wooster. 

The center path of the eclipse goes right through my yard.

Schools will be closed that day.  The police are already posting warnings about being prepared for local food and gas shortages, due the huge number of people that will be coming to the area.  

I've seen ads for people charging $50/car to park in their yard.

btw, I have a camper just south of Wooster.

4 hours ago, motocat12 said:

Do those hold the valve open to measure pressure and then seal with the cap? The passive ones I've seen did that.

Yes. That’s how it works. Seems to be holding pressure.