What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Qman said:

The 883 actually weighs more than my R1200GSA (dry)!!!!

XL883L 563 wet

GS1200A 564 wet

Fjr1300 650 wet

and just because I already know C14 670wet

These are the numbers my Google Fu comes up with, these are all as the come from the factory weights. Obviously the FJR and C14 come with bags the other two do not.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

XL883L 563 wet

GS1200A 564 wet

Fjr1300 650 wet

and just because I already know C14 670wet

These are the numbers my Google Fu comes up with, these are all as the come from the factory weights. Obviously the FJR and C14 come with bags the other two do not.

Yeah..its unreal how heavy that 883 is.  I mean that is the bottom of the barrel, designed for beginners and small women.

3 minutes ago, Qman said:

Yeah..its unreal how heavy that 883 is.  I mean that is the bottom of the barrel, designed for beginners and small women.

Ive never ridden one but id assume it has a very low center of gravity so it probably feels a little lighter than it is.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I think it's unreal to see a bike meant to be off-road and weigh almost 600 lbs..before it's loaded. 

It's a steel frame cruiser thing. 

I don't miss mine. I thought I did until I rode the one I have. This bike would fuck that Suzi's day in a minute. The only reason the TL was popular was the V-twin engine, which is horrible compared to the Multi's twin. Everything about the TL is garbage. 

But those whoolies.... :eek: 

It had a lot of quirks to it for sure, I wouldn't call it garbage though. When Suzuki recalled the ECU on them for it's map they took a lot out of that engine. Mine never had the recall done so it was still the unrestricted version, a blast at WOT but unpredictable in the mid range. Not a every day rider but id like to have another.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

At the end of the day, the weight is merely a number. It's how well the bike hides it's weight that matters.

Yea if you paint vertical stripes on it and accessorize well you can hide her fat ass under a body shaper or loose fit fairings. ;) 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

I wouldn't know what to do with a light bike. I've been riding heavy pig bikes for awhile. (Sportster 1200, K1200RS, FJR)

I've only been able to ride my WR250R a few times since buying it in February.  Super fun to toss this little (<300 lb) bike around.  Every motion is a tenth of what is needed on my GS (except for throttle!)

Just now, Qman said:

I've only been able to ride my WR250R a few times since buying it in February.  Super fun to toss this little (<300 lb) bike around.  Every motion is a tenth of what is needed on my GS (except for throttle!)

This is exactly why I would like to find a lightweight dual sport. Easy to throw around and I wouldn't dread picking it up when it throws me off.

5 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

This is exactly why I would like to find a lightweight dual sport. Easy to throw around and I wouldn't dread picking it up when it throws me off.

Dont think you can go wrong with the WR.  You might want more power eventually, but its still a hoot.  People regularly farkle them up for the long haul....like these folks..  http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/terradrifting-around-the-world-on-a-wr250r.1197904/

55 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

At the end of the day, the weight is merely a number. It's how well the bike hides it's weight that matters.

This.

IMO, weight has little impact on handling or the ability to carry corner speed.

My 600lb VFR12 is a fine handling, well engineered machine that only feels heavy under 10mph.     

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

This.

IMO, weight has little impact on handling or the ability to carry corner speed.

My 600lb VFR12 is a fine handling, well engineered machine that only feels heavy under 10mph.     

In that case, might as well get a Boss Hoss 502!

2 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

@Tpoppa could probably out corner the average sporty bike rider with that BossHoss

The problem with these bikes, so i hear, is the huge amount of rotating engine mass.  Any change in RPM tosses the bike side to side!    Also, the older bikes had a distributor cap sitting literally at your crotch!  Imagine getting zapped in the nutz at speed!

4 minutes ago, Qman said:

In that case, might as well get a Boss Hoss 502!

I said well engineered.

I can carry pretty much the same corner speed on my 600 lb vfr as I could on my 425 lb CBR.  It's within 2-3 mph.  And that's probably due to me pushing harder on the CBR.

OTOH, acceleration is certainly affected by hp/weight ratio.  

1 minute ago, Tonik said:

WTF

With all the squidy squidwards in the sport bike world I consider any rider that can take curve at or above the suggested speed to be above average. So hence Tony can out crorner the "average" rider :lol: 

Just now, 2talltim said:

With all the squidy squidwards in the sport bike world I consider any rider that can take curve at or above the suggested speed to be above average. So hence Tony can out crorner the "average" rider :lol: 

I get that, the WTF was why I wasn't included in that.