What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Rode China to work. New top speed record. Pulled right up to and held 77mph actual on Rt 8 in traffic.

WoooHoooo!

I'm doing that in a recliner inside of an rv towing a trailer full of bikes.

image.jpg

• Upvote 1

Adjusted valve clearances on the old Bandit.  Had planned to do new fork seals but a friend stopped by to change his fork seals on a 1st gen SV 650 and he needed a lot more help than I'd anticipated.  Helping noobs is one way I try to give back to the sport.

2017-04-15 19.00.18.jpg

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, PhilD'oh! said:

In an effort to be home for Easter, I rode home from Texarkana yesterday.  955 miles in 13 hrs 20 min, from hotel to my driveway. 

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=13cbb58e83ecbc7f0f

Quite a speed average!....but that Trip shows you started in Illinois!

29 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Wrapped up the service on a R1150RT. Took it for a test ride. 

What giant pieces of shit those bikes are. I've never ridden one that was inspiring in the slightest. Sure, the wind protection is nice. Fancy electro-screen and all that. Heated grips are always nice. It even has a tape deck stereo in the glove compartment. Tunes are fine. But... could it have some kind of "Oh, yeah!" to it? It's so fucking boring that I would rather not ride than take that thing anywhere.

I thought I'd like it, being all grey-bush and shit. I don't like it at all. I fucking hate it. Its hardly a motorcycle. It's a two-wheeled schoolbus with zero soul. 

Isn't that the cop bike?

58 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Wrapped up the service on a R1150RT. Took it for a test ride. 

What giant pieces of shit those bikes are. I've never ridden one that was inspiring in the slightest. Sure, the wind protection is nice. Fancy electro-screen and all that. Heated grips are always nice. It even has a tape deck stereo in the glove compartment. Tunes are fine. But... could it have some kind of "Oh, yeah!" to it? It's so fucking boring that I would rather not ride than take that thing anywhere.

I thought I'd like it, being all grey-bush and shit. I don't like it at all. I fucking hate it. Its hardly a motorcycle. It's a two-wheeled schoolbus with zero soul. 

Pretty much meets the adjectives many desire when they're deep into a several thousand mile trip!

22 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

How about the notorious hard twisting throttle from the older BMWs? Not something I want in a touring bike.

Yeah...the 1150s were pretty much tractors.  The 1200s after 07 were far superior, except maybe in long term durability.  

Today I put the 1200 up on stands. Pulled the wheels off, peeled the tires and rotors off and knocked out the bearings. Wheels and half a dozen other parts headed to powdercoat tomorrow. It looked like a ups truck hurled on my porch when I got home. New header, mid pipe and can. Jet kit,hoses,lines,caliper kits,mirrors,gaskets and block off plates. Some new body parts ordered from Germany as well. What the hell just happened! This was gonn be a small project. 

10 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Not me. I'll take my primitive bike over that rolling turd every time. Shitty wind protection and cold grips, included. 

Keep in mind how stinking old that bike must be!

Wash all the road spray and bugs off the Connie from the weekend. Then decided to wire a relay into the ignition switch for the heated grips on the wife's Vstar. So she can't leave them turned on  anymore and run her battery down. Not a pretty wiring job but its ran properly with fuses and rely. No-one will ever see it under the side cover. Best part was it was free, some parts and a rely I had laying around.

20170418_195722.thumb.jpg.cc8343f1ac2f870aa14954384b66c153.jpg

20170418_194947.thumb.jpg.da8fbbada74c10dfa848d5849c136657.jpg

20170418_195421.thumb.jpg.c5dd29c421e69a01a471cb4ae564f1c8.jpg

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, 2talltim said:

You sir are insane, mad respect.

You make it sound difficult. Most of those miles were 25 at a time on my commute. With the exception of the Fall Gap Trip and a couple day trips there were not many times where the "comfort" of the bike was a factor. And really the only time the supermoto is uncomfortable for me is long miles on the highway. When its twisty or gravel the SM is just fun :D

• Upvote 2