What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

@Tonik trying to start fights. I was referencing MW. I was talking more about his speech mannerisms rather than his channel. Does he do a lot of stupid shit? Yep. Are his videos entertaining? They can be. He just doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed is all. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rode the Urinal to work in the snow this morning.  I was covered in salt by the time I got there.  This doesn't happen on the FJR.  Anyway, I washed it as soon as I got home, er...as soon as I got the hose thawed out.  Utility tube full of hot water did the trick. 

• Upvote 3

I looked sadly at my Triumph that's living outside this week under a cover. Next week it gets its own garage!

Well, it gets to share a garage with the Duc and new car. Moving sucks, but then it doesn't. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Took the money I had set aside for the Multistrada and spent it on my bicycle. However, I can safely transport a 6-pack of beer and carry a medium pizza at the same time. It was an easy decision. 

I took the money that could've gone to a bicycle, on my motorcycle. However now I can roll out of hot pit and get on it faster than I could the triumph. It was an easy decision. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, B-Mac said:

This cold weather sucks!!   Not a Motorcycle:dunno: but.. Motorcycle Ground Support Equipment, :) Servicing my Motorsport generators today for summer 2017.

Generator%20SVC1.jpg

Generator%20SVC2.jpg

Been pretty happy with those Yamaha's???  I've been looking at inverters.

Thanks

So i ordered my fork springs from Traxxion Dynamics on 02/20. I waited until 03/10 to get the springs, which showed up with none of the required spacers or washers. I call the next day and they say they forgot and their shipping the hardware out. So I received the hardware last night, install everything and guess what. The springs are wrong. The springs need to be tapered for the FJR and these are not, causing the spring to slide past the cartridge. Just got off the phone with them, they admit they screwed up but I have to wait 3 weeks for another set of springs. Needless to say, I'm pissed. New springs are being ordered, but I'm calling RaceTech to see if they can get them faster somehow.

Edited by JustinNck1

32 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

So i ordered my fork springs from Traxxion Dynamics on 02/20. I waited until 03/10 to get the springs, which showed up with none of the required spacers or washers. I call the next day and they say they forgot and their shipping the hardware out. So I received the hardware last night, install everything and guess what. The springs are wrong. The springs need to be tapered for the FJR and these are not, causing the spring to slide past the cartridge. Just got off the phone with them, they admit they screwed up but I have to wait 3 weeks for another set of springs. Needless to say, I'm pissed. New springs are being ordered, but I'm calling RaceTech to see if they can get them faster somehow.

My experience with RaceTech has been pretty good. Responsive via email or phone. I actually got to speak to the tech that serviced my forks to answer questions/concerns.

Scratch that, Traxxion's machinist discovered that a washer at the bottom of the spring could resolve the issue, so they are overnighting me a set of washers. RaceTech never called me back to complete my order (Their Ordering system was down and they were supposed to call me back for payment info). So hopefully, I can get the forks put back together tomorrow. New PIAA horn set was just delivered, so I have that to work on and I need to do a clutch fluid flush.

4 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

New PIAA horn set was just delivered

Which did you get, and are you going to plug it in as is, or put it on a relay?

I wouldn't mind stepping mine up, just don't want to start cutting wires and putting in relays and more failure points.....

1 minute ago, Tonik said:

I wouldn't mind stepping mine up, just don't want to start cutting wires and putting in relays and more failure points.....

Small compressor/air tank and train horn. You have the room. Do it.

16 minutes ago, Tonik said:

It's the slim dual kit with a 500hz and 400hz. The 2013+ FJRs only had one, but they still left the cutouts for 2. It's just a plug and play for one, and a jumper to the other. Here is the kit I ordered. Seen a bunch of guys have them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004FXMGLY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

9 hours ago, Qman said:

Been pretty happy with those Yamaha's???  I've been looking at inverters.

Thanks

Yes, very much so. Very Quiet and easy to use. I purchased them 5 years ago for the Wife to use while I was deployed away for short periods I made her a video of set-up/operation and she had no problems during storm related power outages.I keep the fuel fresh and change oil annually. If you need extra power the EF2000iS has a parallel function lets you connect two generators to deliver up to 30 amps with a kit. 30amps is also good for a RV/Camper off grid.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tonik said:

I have one have these you can have it's loud like a sports air horn tone. I put the high tone of the set on my bike

I got one of the forks off my mean streak and was able to tear it down. This bike has separate function forks and they're a pain to work on. Got the hard one apart so it shouldn't be bad now. New springs this weekend. 

2 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

Just got my horns installed and wow they sound good. Not a ridiculous loud, but definitely louder than stock by alot. The tone is way better though.

For a guy with a 2 year old bike you work on that thing a awful lot. :dunno:....:lol:

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1