What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

6 minutes ago, Qman said:

No doubt.  My 2000 had 80k when i sold her!  Never had to adjust the valves either.!

I'm def have a heart for the 5th gens with the gear driven cams. (I hate Honda cam chain engines) My next ideas for crazyness is mbe grab an 8th gen, and stuff a 5th gen engine in it. 

Edited by mello dude
  • Upvote 1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Met @TreeFime (Ireland) in Lisbon and rode for 3hrs together. Great times. Starting to really like the Q3s. Noticed a big difference in the front brakes after replacing the eBay cheapies with some EBC pads. I think I also got all the air bubbles out of the lines from the previous owner. Feel like I chased that issue forever. 

• Upvote 2

Road out to the Triple Nickel Diner from the Hock with the wife following on her Spyder. 78E to 555S, Lunch. then 555 down to 50W. Tried to take 144N out of Coolsville but ran into a flooded area that closed the road. Back tracked 33N to Chauncy on 13N- back roads home. Had a fresh Pirelli Angel GT Rear tire on the Z. The lunch was great. They have added more items and lunch specials, plus a assortment of home made pie's.

Z1K%20April%202017.jpg

Z1K%20Ride%20April%202017.jpg

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, durk said:

Met @TreeFime (Ireland) in Lisbon and rode for 3hrs together. Great times. Starting to really like the Q3s. Noticed a big difference in the front brakes after replacing the eBay cheapies with some EBC pads. I think I also got all the air bubbles out of the lines from the previous owner. Feel like I chased that issue forever. 

EBC is the way to go for sure. 

I want to get a set of the new Q3+ for the Triumph. I need to run the front tire down a bit first though so I'm not running 2 different tires. Wish they made a 170 rear... I'd throw them on the track bike. 

Finished up race tech springs, Fork service and new shocks on the mean streak as well as a set of nomad floorboards. Shocks dropped the ass end almost 2" so the floorboards give a nice warning before hard parts start digging. All brake/clutch fluid flushed made a big difference it was like mud. Then took it for layed back ride. In my eyes the zrx is just about perfect so I took it for a longer much more spirited ride. 

2 hours ago, B-Mac said:

Road out to the Triple Nickel Diner from the Hock with the wife following on her Spyder. 78E to 555S, Lunch. then 555 down to 50W. Tried to take 144N out of Coolsville but ran into a flooded area that closed the road. Back tracked 33N to Chauncy on 13N- back roads home. Had a fresh Pirelli Angel GT Rear tire on the Z. The lunch was great. They have added more items and lunch specials, plus a assortment of home made pie's.

Z1K%20April%202017.jpg

Z1K%20Ride%20April%202017.jpg

Yeah that section floods all the time. Good road though when it's dry.

Put header and mufflers back on, radiator back on with new coolant, forks reinstalled, front tire back on, rear brake caliper now has a new piston and seals, new brake pads and shims, flushed and bled front and rear brakes and clutch, started putting some of the plastic back on.  The entire bike has now been gone through and ready for the next 25k miles...one season typically.  Tomorrow, I'll do the throttle body sync and put the rest of the plastic on.  That'll give me a few days to shake it down before heading for Texas. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, PhilD'oh! said:

Put header and mufflers back on, radiator back on with new coolant, forks reinstalled, front tire back on, rear brake caliper now has a new piston and seals, new brake pads and shims, flushed and bled front and rear brakes and clutch, started putting some of the plastic back on.  The entire bike has now been gone through and ready for the next 25k miles...one season typically.  Tomorrow, I'll do the throttle body sync and put the rest of the plastic on.  That'll give me a few days to shake it down before heading for Texas. 

Kudos on 25k season.  Impressive for ohio!:D

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, PhilD'oh! said:

That's been my average for the last 4 years.  Work is picking up though, so who knows.  I didn't even enter the TOH this year.  

Shit, with an FJR, thats probably 6 rear tires per year!?  $$$$!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

Yeah that section floods all the time. Good road though when it's dry.

When I was in high school, I had a 90 Daytona and made it from Fed Hock, to Coolville in 8mins 40sec. The record was 8 flat. I have no idea how anyone in a car could do that.

3 minutes ago, thompsonian said:

When I was in high school, I had a 90 Daytona and made it from Fed Hock, to Coolville in 8mins 40sec. The record was 8 flat. I have no idea how anyone in a car could do that.

Looks like I made it in that time...:lol:

1 minute ago, thompsonian said:

And you were on 2 wheels....not 4...and it was before the modified that first tun that used to be blind

Yes the road has been changed since you were a kid. :D Before they moved the road it flooded even worse.

1 hour ago, thompsonian said:

You make it sound like I'm crotchety old man....I mean I know I ride like one but still...

Sounded like he was about to ask you your horse's name and what kind of wood you use for your wheels. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, what said:

Sounded like he was about to ask you your horse's name and what kind of wood you use for your wheels. 

This is "America" he's permitted to have "A Horse With No Name" :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1