What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

1 minute ago, 2talltim said:

With all the squidy squidwards in the sport bike world I consider any rider that can take curve at or above the suggested speed to be above average. So hence Tony can out crorner the "average" rider :lol: 

Well shit, I've always said I was an average rider.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

With all the squidy squidwards in the sport bike world I consider any rider that can take curve at or above the suggested speed to be above average. So hence Tony can out crorner the "average" rider :lol: 

likewise, i imagine Valentino could take any one on this list around any track on a beat-up old Honda Rebel!

4 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Leaving work early to ride the Multi I serviced. Don't foresee any issues, but I'm anxious to ride a stock(ish) unit and compare it to my (superior?) setup. 

I may ride that RT as well. I don't want to, though. I hate those things. So big. So boring. So BMW. 

What time is this going down? Playing hooky today, was thinking of taking 43 from North Canton to Kent, check out a few shops etc. 

4 hours ago, Qman said:

likewise, i imagine Valentino could take any one on this list around any track on a beat-up old Honda Rebel!

I have friends that have tried similar stunts.  Mid-Ohio vintage days and Yamahopper's ftw.  And yes this is straight outa the camera, no photoshop.  :)DPP_1826.jpg

• Upvote 1

New bar risers and Racetech springs in last night courtesy of @JustinNck1 and his padre. Should have a new front, and after discovery of how far I was into the wear bars on the rear, a new one of those by the weekend. Also should have the LED light bar mounted by then too. That sucker is gonna be bright as hell.

• Upvote 2

I put new brake pads on all around, tightened and lubed the chain. Then washed it and prepped it to hopefully ride tomorrow afternoon. If anybody wants to join in I plan to be in Lisbon around 2pm. I'll be taking 164 to 9 into Cadiz area then probably 646 to 152 to 213 to 170 back into Lisbon area. 

1 hour ago, Danimal said:

Changed the oil and filter, washed and lubed everything, and then mounted my new wheelset I had Woodys Wheel Worx build for me. Holy Mother of God what a difference. 

Rear wheel is 8-1/2 ln lighter than the stock wheel, Front just over 6 lbs lighter.

No more innertubes YAY!!

Baby Blue's got a new pair of shoes!!

E957CF78-6D9B-43D1-A8A3-88AF17692339_zps

Also mounted the Wolfman Expedition rear saddle bags to see how they fit my rack system. Fits perfect and should be more flexible and a good bit lighter than the aluminum cases

B3005B8A-9E09-4CB6-89C5-C3F1E4B1BC1E_zps

What shoes is she wearing?

1 hour ago, Danimal said:

Changed the oil and filter, washed and lubed everything, and then mounted my new wheelset I had Woodys Wheel Worx build for me. Holy Mother of God what a difference. 

Rear wheel is 8-1/2 ln lighter than the stock wheel, Front just over 6 lbs lighter.

No more innertubes YAY!!

Baby Blue's got a new pair of shoes!!

E957CF78-6D9B-43D1-A8A3-88AF17692339_zps

Also mounted the Wolfman Expedition rear saddle bags to see how they fit my rack system. Fits perfect and should be more flexible and a good bit lighter than the aluminum cases

B3005B8A-9E09-4CB6-89C5-C3F1E4B1BC1E_zps

Fucking nice brother!

Caught a severe case of the "while I'm at its." I was only going to change front brake pads, then noticed a seal leak in the forks, so wheel off, forks out. Then check steering stem and it felt slightly rought, ok, stem out, new bearings on order. Then while I at it, check the air filter.. well shit, may as well do the pair valve plates while I can get at it and maybe change out the coolant and mbe..... Aw crap (fuck - did it again..) 

While%20I%20at%20it2_zpsvquw65pd.jpg

Edited by mello dude
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Qman said:

Missing my VFRs...Had a 98(rip) and a yellow 2000.  But what a complex mass of plumbing and shit to work on!!!

I suppose I'm just used to it. In 3 - 4 ish hours, I can pretty much strip it all the way down to frame and motor.