Fall Gap Trip 2016

Tonik

Been home for about a hour. I followed @Tonik to Kawi dealer yhis morning and waited to be sure they could take care of him. Once that was answered I took off on my own for a couple of hours and hit the Devils Triangle  a couple other roads and one I don't think even classifieds as a road. Once I was done playing I rode back to the dealer and Jims bike was done. So we rolled together today. Parted ways after dinner just a few miles from my house and he's still on the road.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

Looks like the accident victims are pictured riding together  on  US129 photo site (Cruiser)  Sat 15th Oct  10:18am. Dude on the BMW has a go-pro mounted on his Skid Lid.

RIP rider.

Edited by B-Mac

Got home last night about 6.

1750 miles for the trip. I'm in surprising good shape this morning.

Thanks @Tonik for putting this together and being the ride leader.

I greatly improved my riding on this trip, my first real trip on these kinds of roads.

Craig

Edited by CBBaron
spelling error
  • Upvote 2

A nice overlook on 119 in KY.

20161018_100055-L.jpg

A couple pics of the sumo in the group. Doesn't look like I am barely leaning. I guess I have a ways to go to match the speeds the others can carry through the turn.

DealsGap129Slayer.JPGScreen Shot 2016-10-19 at 9.16.10 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-10-19 at 9.19.08 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-10-19 at 9.20.04 AM.png

Edited by CBBaron
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

I stopped at the same pull off Tuesday for a couple pics.

Yea, it was amazing coming over that hill and seeing the scenery open up before you. I was in a vice groove riding the curves then the breath taking scene opened up and I had to stop despite the open road before me :)

2 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

Fighting it likely means you'll have to make a court appearance and it's not like you didn't "earn" one elsewhere :lol:

Well true, so I just googled how much it would cost. $50. I'm sure if we were stopped on Cherohala, it would have been a lot more. :lol:

• Tonik unpinned this topic