Fall Gap Trip 2016

Tonik

I finally sat down and looked at these routes. This is gonna be a blast. I will probably slab to Beckley, just for saving time (Only 2 Hours for me). Tuesday I will be taking 119 back up through. I have made this pass several times, it does not have near as much traffic as other slabs.

Confirmed with my coworker Friday that he's still willing to cover me even if he has to work a double that day and he said yes. so still planning on heading down to Parkersburg Friday afternoon/evening. Was going to go for a ride yesterday morning a found a nail in my rear tire, right in the center. Just goes to show how a preflight inspection saved a potential bad day from happening. Tire was still holding full air pressure too, but I always spin my wheel around looking for things that aren't right. So I spent yesterday pulling the tire off the rim and inserting a plug/patch then gave her a good bath since its only had 2 that whole season. Today I'll give her a complete go over in preparation for this trip. I haven't even looked at the routes for this trip yet, but I'm betting ive been on all these roads at least once or twice this year alone. Only thing I might add is if we get to the hotel fairly early on Saturday I might take off from the hotel and do some exploring around that area till it gets dark. Will all depend on how the day goes. this will probably be it for me this year. Most likely come home and park her for the winter once we get back. Got way too much going on the end of Oct and into Nov.

I may have Friday off as well it looks like. If that's the case I was thinking of heading out towards Beckley on the 14th and taking the scenic route. If you fellers are doing the same, maybe we can meet up somewhere near Zanesville/New Concord? Or somewhere else. 

Also, got my Sena installed last night, interested to see how well it works. 

Edited by what

I've got Friday off and will make my way toward Beckley that day. I've stayed at the Beaver/Beckley Sleep Inn before, will probably get a room there again.

Thought about bringing my new hammock and camping Friday night, but I don't want to drag all my camping stuff along just for one night.

I work Friday but reserved a room in the Red Roof Parkersburg. (I think 2talltim was planning to use the second bed)

Trying to get from NEO to Bexley before noon then riding 250 miles looked too taxing for me. 

Instead I plan to take I77 to Parkersburg Friday after work and then take a more scenic route to Bexley in the morning. Probably take 16 in the morning.

Craig

• Tonik unpinned this topic