Fall Gap Trip 2016

Tonik

8 minutes ago, what said:

hope y'all can make it. more the merrier. 

tim, you bastard, don't know how you can justify passing up 5 days in hateful donut paradise.

I havent sat on my motorcycle for more than 40 minutes at a time since the Epic Ride. I. Would. Die.

Also just bought an Arai, so :broke:

16 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I havent sat on my motorcycle for more than 40 minutes at a time since the Epic Ride. I. Would. Die.

Also just bought an Arai, so :broke:

Excuses Excuses. This trip would be a great way to break in the new Arai.

Just now, JustinNck1 said:

Excuses Excuses. This trip would be a great way to break in the new Arai.

Lost cause man.  He is a track whore now, he doesn't ride his bike more than 10 laps at a time anymore.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Lost cause man.  He is a track whore now, he doesn't ride his bike more than 10 laps at a time anymore.

We tried to show him the light now he will find out the long way. He'll do a couple years of the track life and realize now he's tired of going around the same circles all the time and wants to see the world but is now too far invested. Then will need to sell his track gear for 20% of what he paid for it and then need to buy touring equipment and to much of his surprise it's 50% the cost of track gear. Then he will be able to see the world , new faces and live his life to the fullest and think back to what a fool he had been.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

We tried to show him the light now he will find out the long way. He'll do a couple years of the track life and realize now he's tired of going around the same circles all the time and wants to see the world but is now too far invested. Then will need to sell his track gear for 20% of what he paid for it and then need to buy touring equipment and to much of his surprise it's 50% the cost of track gear. Then he will be able to see the world , new faces and live his life to the fullest and think back to what a fool he had been.

Or just keep the daytona for track, buy a used multistrada for cheap and have best of both worlds. 

i bet you can even pull your track trailer + bike with the multi. 

236005.jpg

15 minutes ago, what said:

Or just keep the daytona for track, buy a used multistrada for cheap and have best of both worlds. 

i bet you can even pull your track trailer + bike with the multi. 

236005.jpg

That looks horrifying. 

Would you just look at that front fender?

I am leaving work in Elyria at 11:30ish Friday.  Taking the route below if anyone wants to follow, but not close enough for Sena pairing. Just blasting down 83 all the way to Parkersburg.  I will post up my GPS tracker later on if you want to meet along the way.

https://goo.gl/maps/jDGt1fa4ASP2

Also, a couple of you please look at the routes for each day, get them in your GPS or print them out or something. It appears we have a pretty big crew, we may need to split into two groups.  That would also allow the faster peeps to do their thing if they want.

27 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I am leaving work in Elyria at 11:30ish Friday.  Taking the route below if anyone wants to follow, but not close enough for Sena pairing. Just blasting down 83 all the way to Parkersburg.  I will post up my GPS tracker later on if you want to meet along the way.

https://goo.gl/maps/jDGt1fa4ASP2

Also, a couple of you please look at the routes for each day, get them in your GPS or print them out or something. It appears we have a pretty big crew, we may need to split into two groups.  That would also allow the faster peeps to do their thing if they want.

I have sygic on my phone... i can either try the whole export/import process or can grab the files from someone who's already done it. 

On 9/12/2016 at 8:21 AM, Tonik said:

Moving the thread to the Gap folder.  Some dumbass started the thread in the wrong spot.  Also, attached are Sygic routes for each day.  Sunday and Monday are split into two parts.

Mon Part 1 2016 Gap Trip.itf

Mon Part 2 2016 Fall Gap Trip v2.itf

Sat 2016 Fall Gap Trip.itf

Sun Part 1 2016 Fall Gap Trip.itf

Sun Part 2 2016 Fall Gap Trip v2.itf

2 minutes ago, what said:

grab the files from someone who's already done it. 

Yea, that sounds like a genius idea!! :lol:

Sunday will be prep day for me, bike, packing ect.. I'll study the routes and put the hotels in my GPS but I'm not worried about not having the exact routes on me. Been on all those roads multiple times and even if you get off track the alternative routes are usually just as good. Sometimes for me getting lost and fining new roads and alternate routes is part of the fun. I don't for see needing any parts or things for the bike this weekend she usually ready to roll at a moments notice.

• Upvote 1

Just glanced at the map for Saturday and maybe its been talked about already but do you think there is time to do 421(The Snake) and stop at the Shady Valley Country Store then just shoot up 91 to321 to J.C. would cut out some freeway and hit a couple nice roads.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Just glanced at the map for Saturday and maybe its been talked about already but do you think there is time to do 421(The Snake) and stop at the Shady Valley Country Store then just shoot up 91 to321 to J.C. would cut out some freeway and hit a couple nice roads.

Lets decide that at the gas stop in Marion before we hop on 81.  We will have a better idea of how much time we have left.

12 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Lets decide that at the gas stop in Marion before we hop on 81.  We will have a better idea of how much time we have left.

Sounds like a plan. Yea with the group size might make for a tighter time restraint.

• Upvote 1

• Tonik unpinned this topic