Fall Gap Trip 2016

Tonik

1 hour ago, CBBaron said:

I work Friday but reserved a room in the Red Roof Parkersburg. (I think 2talltim was planning to use the second bed)

Trying to get from NEO to Bexley before noon then riding 250 miles looked too taxing for me. 

Instead I plan to take I77 to Parkersburg Friday after work and then take a more scenic route to Bexley in the morning. Probably take 16 in the morning.

Craig

Sounds good to me

8 hours ago, what said:

Looking at the map, I'd like to take 16 down to Beckley I think, probably Friday. Could meet whoever else has Friday available in Marietta and go from there if you're coming from the great white north. 

Lots of us did that in the spring.  It is a great ride, and by far the best choice for getting down there. Not sure what my plan is yet, I may leave really early or I may go down to Parkersburg on Friday.

22 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Not to rain on everyone's parade, but the new river gorge area is going to be severely busy Saturday the 15th. That is "Bridge Day". So plan your time accordingly and expect bumper to bumper traffic around 60/16/19.

Thanks for the heads up. I hate traffic worse than freeway.

An alternative for the last few miles to Bexley in the morning.

https://goo.gl/maps/FwJsgeuMJiG2

And with only 2 weeks to go it is probably near the time when someone will mention the 'W' word, or mention 'W' in general.  If you do, you will be summarily shot in Beckley on Saturday.  And if you manage to try and pair with my Sena before I shoot you I will shoot you twice.

40 minutes ago, Tonik said:

And with only 2 weeks to go it is probably near the time when someone will mention the 'W' word, or mention 'W' in general.  If you do, you will be summarily shot in Beckley on Saturday.  And if you manage to try and pair with my Sena before I shoot you I will shoot you twice.

Let's be honest here, if people are making this kind of trip, this far away, in the mountains. The words "Waterproof" and "Goretex" needs to be in your gear vocabulary. Regardless of forecast.

47 minutes ago, Tonik said:

So pretty sure I am going to leave work early Friday and head to Parkersburg.  What hotel is everyone staying at, so I can be sure to get a different one?

He said RedRoof Parkersburg, so I'm assuming this one. https://www.redroof.com/property/Parkersburg/WV/261043879/Hotels-close-to-Blennerhassett-Island-Historical-State-Park-I-77-SR-50/RRI022/

@CBBaron might want to confirm. Would hate to be wrong and have you mistakenly stay there.

Edited by 2talltim

16 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

He said RedRoof Parkersburg, so I'm assuming this one. https://www.redroof.com/property/Parkersburg/WV/261043879/Hotels-close-to-Blennerhassett-Island-Historical-State-Park-I-77-SR-50/RRI022/

@CBBaron might want to confirm. Would hate to be wrong and have you mistakenly stay there.

If that's it, there's an omelette shoppe and a BBQ place within walking distance.

39 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Yep, Thats it.

• Tonik unpinned this topic