Think you are fast at the track???

Guest Ponyfreak

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

That video looks sped up a bit. His body movements/steering movements seem really jerky, the same as it would in a sped up video.

Have you ever driven a car like that? Because it looks very realistic to me. You are constently making corrections to compensate for speed... and your arms get tired pretty fast.

Originally posted by controler:

Have you ever driven a car like that? Because it looks very realistic to me. You are constently making corrections to compensate for speed... and your arms get tired pretty fast.

Dude, you drive a fucking Accord. How can that look realistic to you??

Dude, you drive a fucking Accord. How can that look realistic to you??
HAHAHAHAHA that shit was very funny to me. You know nothing about me to judge like that.

#1. Yes I have driven like that, only not on that scale. I have autocrossed and street driven in similar situations where thinking about the next turn and what gear your in is the only thing on your mind. Driving like that is my true passion and it is sad that there arn't many tracks similar to that in Ohio. I know mid-ohio is similar but not as accessible, at least for my budget.

#2. I drive an accord because I am poor and in college. I will be graduating soon and won't be stuck in some dead-end job installing cable television and internet for people because I didn't get a real education and have been "set back" by the tech bubble.

Have a nice day.

I used to own the actual video: Faszination. If you see the helicopter view of him driving, you'd know why he was driving that way. The car is sideways for most of the 12.9 mile run.

The vid quality makes it look choppy, but it's not sped up.

Scott

Peace

WOW impressive!

whoever this guy is......he has F1 type skillz imho

showing true "race driving" skillz with all the traffic he had to overtake......i could only imagine how much time he could have saved on a closed course!

HAHAHAHAHA that shit was very funny to me. You know nothing about me to judge like that.

#1. Yes I have driven like that, only not on that scale. I have autocrossed and street driven in similar situations where thinking about the next turn and what gear your in is the only thing on your mind. Driving like that is my true passion and it is sad that there arn't many tracks similar to that in Ohio. I know mid-ohio is similar but not as accessible, at least for my budget.

#2. I drive an accord because I am poor and in college. I will be graduating soon and won't be stuck in some dead-end job installing cable television and internet for people because I didn't get a real education and have been "set back" by the tech bubble.

Have a nice day.

#1: Wow, you drove around some cones in a parking lot. That sure is similar. I'm sure your mad road skillz are impressive.

#2: I never had to drive a freaking Accord in college (and sorry, no parental handouts), I just worked my ass off. I'm not a cable installer either, and haven't been for quite a while. Nice try though.

Have a nice day.

HAHAHAHA wow,

hey guys its a video about racing, let go

Wow, you drove around some cones in a parking lot. That sure is similar. I'm sure your mad road skillz are impressive.

Hello pot, this is the kettle....... graemlins/nonono.gif

Things look sped up because things happen fast. That car is doing things and experiencing unseen physical forces on a level that no F-body ever has...period. If you ever get yourself out to a lapping day, and you actualy exibit the bullocks to push the car at 100%, you may end up with a concept of what was going on in that RUF, and why things look like they do. The following morning, you will feel like you spend the previous day doing nuthing but bench presses. graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by Tenzig:

Hello pot, this is the kettle....... graemlins/nonono.gif

Things look sped up because things happen fast. That car is doing things and experiencing unseen physical forces on a level that no F-body ever has...period. If you ever get yourself out to a lapping day, and you actualy exibit the bullocks to push the car at 100%, you may end up with a concept of what was going on in that RUF, and why things look like they do. The following morning, you will feel like you spend the previous day doing nuthing but bench presses. graemlins/thumb.gif

I FULLY realize the forces that it takes with a high speed run, and the corrections a rear-ending car like that would require. My point was how jerky the movements were, and that being more than just the steering wheel movements.

I was also pointing out that running around on the street in a slow FWD family car and driving around some cones != anything even SIMILAR to what it is like to drive around a course like that in a car like that.

Now, if you believe no F-body has ever experienced cornering speeds, physical forces, etc. (asside from the forces only a rear engined car can expereince), you best think again. Obviously no stock street car F-body ever has, but there are some impressive dedicated non-tube chassis road race modified cars out there (and of course the tube chassis cars like the TA series racers, but none of those cars really have much in common with the street cars). Such as thisWorld Challenge GT car, which is a pretty cool series BTW.

#2. I will be graduating soon and won't be stuck in some dead-end job installing cable television and internet for people because I didn't get a real education and have been "set back" by the tech bubble.

Have a nice day.

So you think that people that didn't go to college are ignorant? Or beneath you even?

Now, if you believe no F-body has ever experienced cornering speeds, physical forces, etc. (asside from the forces only a rear engined car can expereince), you best think again.

I didnt say that,I said:

Originally posted by Tenzig:

That car is doing things and experiencing unseen physical forces on a level that no F-body ever has...period.

I'm well aware of the F-bodies presence in american road course racing. The damn things have classes dedicated to them. They do well within series that are tailored to their class of car. But my statement still stands, no Fbody has ever turned times and Gs like that RUF. The format is fundementaly flawed, where as Porsche has been honing their for years, and RUF takes it to a much higher level. GT Fbodies can be quick, but they're not going to see that kind of speed around a road course, different league. graemlins/thumb.gif

That guy can definatly drive... got more balls than me.

The fastest drivers make the exact opposite motions as thier cars... very quick, slopy, and jerky, while the cars line is actully quite fluid and smooth.

Very interesting phenominon...

I didnt believe it untill i watched Danny Popp drive his Vette last year... inside the car he was all sorts of squirlly, but the car itself was just on one of the smoothest lines id ever seen.

that video has NOT been sped up... and if you're going to say that noone can move/steer like that then you dont understand how hard it is to keep a porche like that under control at high speeds. they are notorious for understeer because of the mid-engine layout. that man is truely in total control of that car, and i'm fascinated.

Guest doggunracing
Originally posted by Andy F.:

they are notorious for understeer because of the mid-engine layout

Actually, 911s are rear-engine (behind rear axle). They do require a ton of trailbraking to get the front to grip. That's why the car seems so loose.