Would you buy a Mahindra truck?

zeitgeist57

Odd looks but I would rock one. It would be great to haul all my hockey crap in the back of and I wouldn't mind driving a truck that get's better mileage than my Jetta. The comments below say it all, as long as they can keep the price low in the 20's for a reasonalby equiped truck that gets 30-35+ mpg then I'd definitly look into it.

• 1 year later...

UPDATE: I think I'm in love with this truck, and I haven't even seen it in person yet. And a base price under $15k??? That's a smoking good deal if it's reliable. Too bad I haven't heard anything about a stick shift transmission option...

http://www.examiner.com/x-1017-DC-Car-Examiner~y2009m6d19-Indian-Mahindra-takes-over-closed-Chrysler-dealers-hopes-to-sell-small-pickup-in-US-this-year

that indian truck is butt ugly. my old 96 Taco was almost within reach of 30 mpg out of a 2.4 liter gas engine, and had proven reliability. The only reason to buy the Mahindra is if you want a true compact truck, since the only one left is the Ranger.

Edit: Triple blocked :(

UPDATE: I think I'm in love with this truck, and I haven't even seen it in person yet. And a base price under $15k??? That's a smoking good deal if it's reliable. Too bad I haven't heard anything about a stick shift transmission option...

http://www.examiner.com/x-1017-DC-Car-Examiner~y2009m6d19-Indian-Mahindra-takes-over-closed-Chrysler-dealers-hopes-to-sell-small-pickup-in-US-this-year

Well, they say love is blind. Ugly truck.

that indian truck is butt ugly. my old 96 Taco was almost within reach of 30 mpg out of a 2.4 liter gas engine, and had proven reliability. The only reason to buy the Mahindra is if you want a true compact truck, since the only one left is the Ranger.

Edit: Triple blocked :(

Except your taco won't haul anything close to what this will, and the taco was gay.