Saturday, June 6th, Dox Open House

Doc1647545523

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you doc for puting this together. had a real good time and got to meet a couple of the cr members. saw some really nice rides too. also, to the guys for the free dyno pulls. i didnt put down what i thought i had but it really showed me i need more power lol........... thanks again, shawn

Many thanks for a very, very cool way to spend a beautiful Saturday afternoon. It was a great turnout and an event that I was glad to have had the opportunity to attend.

I met some great CR members that I've never met before and it was great to connect a name, screen name, car and face :) I really need to get out more often because we have a great group of members that's for sure.

Pics will be posted over the next couple days.

Doc, I think our conversation summed up how I feel about this event. Amazing attention to detail and over all your INCREDIBLE generosity were what put this meet together, and I can't thank you enough for the time that I had today. It was good to see old friends, meet new people, and you still owe me a drive in the ST205 Doc. ;):p

Big thanks to Doc for opening his place up to everyone. Glad we got to chat for a few minutes about your cars. Those Toyotas are so badass.

This was my first event to meet people in a long time and I'm glad I was able to make it. Thanks to SlowMotion for coming out with their equipment. I'm thrilled my car wasn't the slowest one to run on the dyno. :lol:

Can't wait for the next one.

It was alright I guess.... lol.. just kidding, it was a fantastic event you put together. I cant wait to "party with doc" again. Hopefully Ill see you out tonight but, if not I can understand after all the work you did to put today together, Im sure you're ready to kick back and relax.

Great event. First event that I have really even been interested in for a few years. Was nice to meet a few people and my son absolutely loved all the cars there today.

Nice meeting you Doc and thanks for the great event.

I would like like to thank Doc for his open house. It was an excellent time and a nice gathering to meet other CR members. I also would like to thanks the sponsors too. SLo Motion, if you do this type of thing again, I will be bring the 87 vette to be dyno'd so we can see what 4 cylinder cars have more horsepower than it. Edited by RS69

Thanks to all of you for showing up and for the kind words. I enjoy letting people see my cars, getting in them, sometimes even driving them ... :)

It was great to see people meeting together who previously knew each other only by their posts. I thought it was a good mix of CR's old and new, and a good cross section of ages and backgrounds, all enjoying cars. It was a bit like the Cars & Coffee crew meets Polaris Midnight marauders. I was happy to see that some rode their bikes, and obviously, at least a few of you can really ride!

I was pleased to see that many of our CR sponsors and mods/administrators could attend. They are the ones who make this all happen. I hope you got to speak with them and thank them for their hard work (and not just for a weekend, but 365 days a year).

Assuming an average of two sandwiches per person, we fed 90 people. My great niece and her fiance were there for the whole event, and they counted 150-160 people total for the day. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet more of you and talk to you more, but I hope you'll come back again or at least introduce yourself when you see me at a meet. I appreciate it that you made the effort to attend.

As you can see, there is plenty of room to host a larger gathering. The deputy sherriff said that he saw no problems of any kind and the city cops stayed away, as we had requested. The landlord and his wife attended (they were the ones who test drove the Bentley) and were very pleased with the event and told me they enjoyed meeting the CR folks. Everyone was respectful and safe, and I really appreciated that. I think that parents were comfortable having their children at the event. There was only one pop can left in the parking lot after everyone left :thumbup: and no messes anywhere. This confirms what most of us already believed: CR folks aren't the "problem" at the public meets.

Many thanks to all of those who helped with the event. Anthony and Brian C have worked with me since February on this event (which I originally thought would occur in late March or April). Brian and Val actually volunteered to handle all of the food, but as I postponed the event their work schedules made it impossible.

CR sponsors were all very supportive. A special thanks to Corey, Wyan, Steve, Eric, Brooks and the Slowmotion crew for their hard work having the dyno for us. Their day began early--picking up the trailer, loading their equipment from their shop in Sunbury, transporting it, setting it up, working all day, then repeat process in reverse. They stayed an hour longer than agreed, just to get you last few guys dyno'd. Very kewl.

Wagner was great help, all through the planning process as well as showing up at noon to help with the last minute preparation. He also took care of the trash cans during the event and kept an eye on potential problems so I could spend time with the guests. Thank you, sir. Jeffro came out to the garage the day before and helped with cleaning and setup.

I hope that our photographers got some good shots of this one side of CR and that they get the chance to share some of their photos in the next few days.

Thanks again to everyone for supporting this. :D

Edited by Doc
  • Upvote 2