V8 Beast

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a personal best for my 2006 Silverado Crew Cab 6.0L - 14.95 @ 92 MPH

Only mods are airtube and tune.

Did anybody take a pic of my truck on the track?

Congrats on all the PBs. Sounds like some cars were flyin for sure. Bill, I think this is yours in the 4th pic:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71352

Got a new PB for the Cobra of 11.85@119.96 with a 1.94 60'. I was being very easy on the launch, because I wanted to drive it home and not watch it get towed. Time to put some bias ply tires on it and let it rip.

Good job! Did you hop when you broke the half shaft last time?

34 lol that has to be a record for passes in one day at trails

I am pretty sure i have that beat.

mm i dunno, you did alot of sitting. i was go go go go go.............and go again

sorrry boys im sure ive got the title in the bag ive made 76 runs in one day. it was at the last track day in april any one that was there can vouche for that lol i just going going since no one was in line. an at every single track day i put atleast 35-50 passes in.

Thanks, the car should easily be going low 11's with a driver mod and me being more anal about icing down the blower.

shoot should of had dyno brian drive the car it woulda hit your goal lol

Best 60ft 1.89

Best 1/8 7.72

best 1/8 mph 94.8

best et 11.87

best mph 121.00

Stayed on 17" nitto dr's all day, track would bit sometimes, others no way. I though I would have a harder time managing that 400 ftlbs at the wheels at 2k than with my other cam, and I was right.

Good job! Did you hop when you broke the half shaft last time?

No, I was way too aggressive with the launch and it may have moved 6 inches after I let the clutch out. All the guys on SVTPerformance that run anything exciting run on bias plies and say that they are much easier on the IRS. One guy I was talking to said that he would dump the clutch at 5500 on bias plies and cut 1.58 60' times with no suspension mods at all. That was also on the 17" ET Streets and not the larger sidewall bias plies. I'll have to dig up a set of 15x7 or 15x8 rims and put some good tires on the car here soon.

No, I was way too aggressive with the launch and it may have moved 6 inches after I let the clutch out. All the guys on SVTPerformance that run anything exciting run on bias plies and say that they are much easier on the IRS. One guy I was talking to said that he would dump the clutch at 5500 on bias plies and cut 1.58 60' times with no suspension mods at all. That was also on the 17" ET Streets and not the larger sidewall bias plies. I'll have to dig up a set of 15x7 or 15x8 rims and put some good tires on the car here soon.

That will be my next purchase after I decide if I am going to put the bottle on it or not. My goal is to see how good of times I can get on and off of it. I might switch out the Steeda shifter to.

But nothing can make up for a bad driver. The IRS is so hard to master.

10.268 @ 132.24 with 1.512 60'

If only I could 60' better I might make 10.0's

After that the more I changed the slower I went.

You really need to work on that reaction time, too --

the run against me showed your R/T as .008

You give us "senior drivers" a bad rep :rolleyes: