What's your house temp?

Putty

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thermostat is set at 64 when we are home. 55 when we go to work. Truth is it hardly ever runs

Actual temp is 68 to 70 in the living room and 60 to 63 in the bedroom, the rest of the house is somewhere in between. I have a wood stove in the living room that burns non stop. The radiant heat projected off of the stove gives a much warmer feel by heating the objects in the room more than the air.

I have a wood stove in the living room that burns non stop.

When I lived alone it was in the low 60's. Now I have a girl living with me its always at 68-70. Any hotter then that and I cant sleep. I like it alittle bit colder then normal people. In the summer, the house temp is usually whatever it is outside since I dont believe in A/C. I got it out there but dont like using it.

I don't know about you but at 80° I'm sweating, and I definitely can't sleep when I'm sweating.

And I would think your gas/electric bills would be considerably higher than mine when I average 70°, but I dunno.

I guess if its what you like what does it matter, right?

Holy shit! $400/month?!!?!??! The MOST my gas bill has ever been was $225/last Feb or March when we got that cold stretch. It usually hits $175ish/month for 2-3 months during winter (Jan/Feb/Sometimes March) but otherwise is less than $100 during other winter months and like $50 the rest of the year.

I have almost no insulation and my windows are paper thick so the actual temp is minus 5-10F depending on the wind.

But I set my temp to 69F M-F during the hours I am at home. 62F while I am at work or sleeping. Sa-Sun it is 75F. My gas bill is super high and my electric is ironically higher with the electrical heating units during the winter.

68-69 during the day, though, occasionally, my gf will raise it up a bit. At night, I lower it to around 64-65. If it wasn't for others living here, including pets, I would lower it to around 60 at night. I'm also very selective as to which vents remain open or close. It seems I've lived in very few places where vent placement promotes proper and even temps throughout.

70 when we are awake

We have a split level and the thermostat is on the middle floor.. so in the lowerlevel its actually around 66, while the middle level is 70 and upstairs will be almost 72

66 at night..

Lower level will be 62-64, while middle is 66 and upstair is 68

We are possibly going to talk about doing a zoned heating setup next year to help with the electric bill..

69 all the time. maybe a bit higher in the summer but I've yet to be in this apartment during the summer so we'll see.

Ive noticed when i have a fire going the furnace almost never kicks on, it does pretty good at heating the main living area but my bedroom can get pretty cold so thats the downside. I usually have a fire going 2-3 times a week.