What is the background on your screenname...

Clifford Automotive

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i worked at GM, i was a Team lead, meaning i called the skilled trades people over to fix things when i couldn't fix the machines.. when ever I called them, they knew i wouldn't let them "band-aid" things, they always blamed my "damn red" hair for my stubbornness of making them do their jobs right.

"Mudcrutch" is one of Tom Petty's bands from the early 70s that eventually became Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers.

I actually run the largest Petty fan site at http://www.mudcrutch.com

Sidenote: Tom Petty did a reunion album and tour with Mudcrutch -- management tried to buy my domain. I declined.

I use it as a screen name because it is an obscure reference to TP & the Heartbreakers and I am obviously a fan.

I'll try to make this quick... I was tired of Kwitcherbitchin (and I had a hard time using it in some places) and couldn't ever find something I wouldn't eventually find someone else using. I always hated adding numbers to a name to make it unique. At the time, I worked for a very large medical lab in California. One of my jobs was receiving papsmears and running tests on them for "flora and fauna". Basically, I was partially your gynecologist. I could meet a woman at a club on Sat and she was from southern Cali, chances are, I could know if she was 'dirty' on Monday.

So, came up with the name ImUrOBGYN. "I'm Your OBGYN", for those who still have a hard time with it.

There's a bit more story to it that involves a speculum... but that's for another day.

I used to be a pretty big religious kid growing up and when I joined my first forum (unixpunx circa '99ish) I thought of a username that kind of had to do with it, so I picked verse. Normally I use v3rs3, but I don't know why I didn't on this forum.

Back in 9th grade a kid called me "Billium" since my name is Bill and then other kids and friends in highschool started to say it as well from time to time.

Once I bought my 2001 Camaro SS, I needed to come up with a username for car messageboards so I combined the 2 somewhat - "Billiumss"