Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

By the way... a stat I like to use, since BE and my bearcats get no love:

Last 4 years against the Top 25 (Because 1 bowl game doesnt say everything)

OSU: 10-8

UC: 7-5

(6 less overall top 25 games played over 4 years doesnt seem like a lot to me???)

Overall wins/losses last 4 years:

OSU: 39-13

UC: 37-15

THey dont seem "that" far behind to me... but what do I know...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way... a stat I like to use, since BE and my bearcats get no love:

Last 4 years against the Top 25 (Because 1 bowl game doesnt say everything)

OSU: 10-8

UC: 7-5

(6 less overall top 25 games played over 4 years doesnt seem like a lot to me???)

Overall wins/losses last 4 years:

OSU: 39-13

UC: 37-15

THey dont seem "that" far behind to me... but what do I know...

Lets look at the score of those gams shall we lol

OSU:2011- #14 Nebraska 34-27 (7 points),#21 PSU 20-14 (6 points), #15 Michigan 40-34 (6 points)

2010- #18 Wisky 31-18 (13 points)

2009- #3 USC 18-15 (3 points)

2008- #1 USC 35-3 (32 points), #3 PSU 13-6 (7 points), #3 Texas 24-21 (3 points)

Cincy:

2011- Didn't play a top 25 team according to ESPN

2010- #8 Oklahoma 31-29 (2 points)

2009- #5 Florida 51-24 (27 points)

2008- #4 Oklahoma 52-26 (26 points), #19 Va Tech 20-7 (13 points)

Only 1 of their games was they really close and that was the 2010 Oklahoma game, all the others were beat downs. Cincy plays in the Big Least, if OSU played in that conference they would win every game by 40 and that includes this years team. You give me the Tat 5 this year and 3 of those losses are gone! No way is Cincy close..

FWIW Boise State just signed their head coach to a 5 year extension, so much for those talks of him going elsewhere...

of course you have to bring in the skewed and random margin of victory/defeat...

I see 2 bad losses, Florida... who was a hair from the NCG, and i have already stated what went on there...(wasnt this just a couple short years after Fl creamed OSU by an even larger margin?) And Oklahoma, who played in... yea the NCG game, where they were the #1 team in the nation most of hte year...

Keep in mind, I wasnt picking on OSU, I could have used dozens of other "big name football" schools. I chose them since most of htis forum is familiar with them. The point was to show that UC and the top of hte BE can 'hang' with the rest of college football and belong... not that we are superior.

good thing Cincy had that bad year last year after their coaching woes to keep it closer....

But that's pretty standard for Cincy because it's a stepping stone program. OSU rarely has a down year because of "coaching woes" and this past season was the epitome of "coaching woes" since OSU basically didn't have a head coach.

I think everyone who watched football on Monday got to see that this was OSU's first 7-loss season since the 19th century...lol.

Keep in mind, I wasnt picking on OSU, I could have used dozens of other "big name football" schools. I chose them since most of htis forum is familiar with them. The point was to show that UC and the top of hte BE can 'hang' with the rest of college football and belong... not that we are superior.

Who are the ranked teams outside of the BE that UC has beat in the past 4 years?

Who are the ranked teams outside of the BE that UC has beat in the past 4 years?

Why does that matter? if the BE was ranked, they probably also played outside the BE and won...

But just for you I will just show wins and losses (4-6) to major conferences:

Oklahoma #4 - (loss by 22)

Virginia Tech #19 (loss by 14)

Oregan State #24 (win by 10)

Illinois (win by 14)

Florida #5 (loss by 22)

NC State (loss by 11)

Oklahoma #9 (loss by 2)

Tennessee (loss by 22)

NC State (win by 30)

Win Vanderbilt #24 (win by 7)

Same question to OSU non conference? I will look up...

OSU (major conferences) 3-5

USC (loss by 32)

Texas (loss by 3)

USC (loss by 3)

Oregon (win by 9)

Miami (win by 12)

Arkansas (win by 5)

Miami (loss by 18)

Florida (loss by 7)

So UC has only beat 2 OOC top 25 teams? And 0 top 20 OOC teams

Yep, UC sure can play with the big dogs

Mind you, the 3 OSU wins, were all against top 10 teams

Leaving out rankings, lets not forget, that UC lost to OOC opponents by 121 points, and OSU by 63.

Losses to ranked teams UC by 60 OSU by 44.

UC is a good mid-major, but they are not a big boy yet. OSU will go back to winning BCS bowls in 2013 and UC will just continue to win the Beef O Brady's bowl and losing to everyone else.

2010: Lost by 28

2009: Lost by 27

2008: Lost by 13

2006: Won by 11

2004: Lost by 28

Those are the BCS results by Big East teams other than West Virginia since Miami and VT left the conference. Current Big East teams not nicknamed the Mountaineers are 1-5 overall in the BCS with some really ugly losses (the 5th was Syracuse losing by 21 way back in 1998).

There's a reason pretty much everyone says the Big East should lose their BCS bid as soon as those discussions are brought back up. And if WVU is gone to the B12 like they say they are then the conference is absolutely worthless. Right now they're mostly worthless... WVU goes and it's the Sun Belt.

So UC has only beat 2 OOC top 25 teams? And 0 top 20 OOC teams

Yep, UC sure can play with the big dogs

Mind you, the 3 OSU wins, were all against top 10 teams

Leaving out rankings, lets not forget, that UC lost to OOC opponents by 121 points, and OSU by 63.

Losses to ranked teams UC by 60 OSU by 44.

UC is a good mid-major, but they are not a big boy yet. OSU will go back to winning BCS bowls in 2013 and UC will just continue to win the Beef O Brady's bowl and losing to everyone else.

:lolguy:

2010: Lost by 28

2009: Lost by 27

2008: Lost by 13

2006: Won by 11

2004: Lost by 28

Those are the BCS results by Big East teams other than West Virginia since Miami and VT left the conference. Current Big East teams not nicknamed the Mountaineers are 1-5 overall in the BCS with some really ugly losses (the 5th was Syracuse losing by 21 way back in 1998).

So you take out WVU from counting BCS records? I am pretty sure they were in the BE during all those wins... same with Miami when they were in the BE... and it's not like htey "owned" the conference, for conference play (again, UC won it 3 of hte last 4 years)... they just did better in a single BCS bowl game at hte end of hte year.

i guess they don't teach relevance down there....

Pretty sure I showed a ton of statistical relevence that you keep conveniently ignoring or miscounting.

You twist data, to make a skewed argument, I use it straight up as results... you know the way logic dictates.

So you take out WVU from counting BCS records? I am pretty sure they were in the BE during all those wins... same with Miami when they were in the BE... and it's not like htey "owned" the conference, for conference play (again, UC won it 3 of hte last 4 years)... they just did better in a single BCS bowl game at hte end of hte year.

Just showing that the rest of the conference is shit.