Offical Coshocton Ride 7-26-09

4DAIVI PAI2K5

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the rain date?

prolly another day you have some lame excuss for missing again !

I just watched the weather channel. I fucking hate rain

me too cause I put slicks on today for this one :D

rain will not be good

I'll be there!

i've never been to coshocton i'm excited!

Your in for a treat wear your gear not jeans and a tshirt !

I'm a lady. I don't get monkey butt!!

Well , what do you get then ??

whats monkey butt?

youll answer that for yourself sunday afternoon :eek:

ohnoes!!

i dont has gear!!!

i only has extremely loose jacket and helmets and glovesses

no boots or pants :o

humm I think you need to get to the pony everybody should have some sort of gear no matter where they ride but especialy in the twisties ,

dont ride above your head to keep up with the lead guys we'll always wait at the intersections for people to catch up

i'm just stating the facts...all i have to say is everyone ride that road at your own pace, if it takes you an hour to ride that 10 miles we will still wait for you.

personally i don't think that road is a very good idea if the group is as big as it was last time.

i'll meet you guys at the other end of that shit
pussy i dont like it either, but fact is its curvy as hell and fun.
i'm just stating the facts...all i have to say is everyone ride that road at your own pace, if it takes you an hour to ride that 10 miles we will still wait for you.

personally i don't think that road is a very good idea if the group is as big as it was last time.

maybe i can talk elliot into coming down and lining it with hay bales....

Hey guys and gals..I was going to not bother mentioning this..but since it seems we have a few people on here who haven't done group rides before...or don't have a lot of experience, I'm gonna throw some simple things out there that are second nature to the more experienced riders.

* Have adequate spacing between the bikes in the curvy parts of the road. A curve may come up and the person in front of you may grab a lot of brake. If you didn't anticipate that and the person behind you gets caught off guard...etc..etc...it will get ugly really quick. Remember, this isn't a race. Ride your own pace.

* No need to ride directly behind the bike in front of you if you're close behind. See the tip above.

* Single file through the curves please. You'll thank me later.

* Learn the hand signals if you don't know them. It may save you some pain and $$.

I know these are common sense things for most people...but everyone has a first time on a group ride like this..and not everyone knows what to expect.Above all...and it bears repeating...

RIDE AT YOUR OWN PACE

Hey guys and gals..I was going to not bother mentioning this..but since it seems we have a few people on here who haven't done group rides before...or don't have a lot of experience, I'm gonna throw some simple things out there that are second nature to the more experienced riders.

* Have adequate spacing between the bikes in the curvy parts of the road. A curve may come up and the person in front of you may grab a lot of brake. If you didn't anticipate that and the person behind you gets caught off guard...etc..etc...it will get ugly really quick. Remember, this isn't a race. Ride your own pace.

* No need to ride directly behind the bike in front of you if you're close behind. See the tip above.

* Single file through the curves please. You'll thank me later.

* Learn the hand signals if you don't know them. It may save you some pain and $$.

I know these are common sense things for most people...but everyone has a first time on a group ride like this..and not everyone knows what to expect.Above all...and it bears repeating...

RIDE AT YOUR OWN PACE

quoted so it could be read twice

I hate it when newbs try to stay staggered and right on ya thru the twisties I think theyre trying to watch the other guy's line but thats askin for trouble

good points!

also guys we know these roads pretty well and im telling u there is going to prolly be atleast one reaallllllly fast guy flying around dont try and keep up!

as said earlier i will try my best to let anyone know of any possible danger areas on said road be for take off. let jsut make this a good fun ride and use ur head. i know we're not deals gap but we have some real got ya corners! ill run some maps directions off for anyone that wants to knwo the loop!

bring ur camera's and a backpack full of anything u want and we can leave it in my garage locked up while were riding (just dont forget it kosmo :) ) after the first loop we will be close to my house again and we can stop and grab a quick drink ( not hang out and bs like we did last time for 1.5 hrs tho haha)

to add on to what Inya said, all of us from coshocton tend to use foot signals for debris or any other obstacle on the road.

-foot off the peg on the side where the debris etc. is.

-hand signals for sudden stops and to warn for a slow down.

-if we pass a car and you get stuck behind, we will wave you around when we are sure the pass is available

ride at your own pace, don't feel like we will leave you. there will usually be a group of coshocton people that will take off out front, but like last time, there will be people that know the route and the roads spread out through out the pack.

if you feel like the order of bikes needs rotated a little, don't stay behind a slower bike if you feel like you are not getting the full enjoyment of the ride. if someone is right on your ass all day, ask them if they want to go in front of you.

we're all trying to give everyone a good, enjoyable ride and have the same number of bikes return at the end of a ride as there were at the beginning.