Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

On 11/11/2016 at 0:25 PM, ludwb675 said:

Wish i knew someone that trailered stuff from CA back and forth. So many cars i want out there. But not paying over 1k to ship a 6k car. 

Spirit flys from CLE to LAX for $164 right now  

35 hour drive split in 3 days. 2 nights in a hotel. Maybe $40 a night if you're not too picky. 2,300 miles. 

2300 / 20 mpg average = 115 gallons x 2.25$

$260 gas + $80 lodging + $164 airline + $30 oil change before you leave = $534 to do it yourself. 

10 hours ago, zx3vfr said:

Spirit flys from CLE to LAX for $164 right now  

35 hour drive split in 3 days. 2 nights in a hotel. Maybe $40 a night if you're not too picky. 2,300 miles. 

2300 / 20 mpg average = 115 gallons x 2.25$

$260 gas + $80 lodging + $164 airline + $30 oil change before you leave = $534 to do it yourself. 

That would be fine if i trusted the car to make it that far. I'm looking at Datsun 240Z-280Z's. Breaking down in the middle of the desert would surely cost me more than the shipping cost. 

When i go to buy my next daily vehicle, i plan on buying down south somewhere and doing the fly/drive deal. 

• Upvote 1

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 1:52 PM, what said:

so looks like one of those big forrest fires down south is right next to warwoman.

:|

They are everywhere. There is one off the Skyway, one just north of Robinsville on 129. There was one near the NOC where we always get breakfast, but I guess it never crossed the road. Been following Darrel Cannon on FB he's been coving it with pics and videos. For the most part if they don't threaten structures or towns they let them burn, it's good for the forest and keep things as they should be.

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

It was freaking snowing today while I was washing yesterdays bugs off the bike.

Same here. A little snow earlier but now it's putting it down pretty good. Sucks. Gonna need another project bike to get thru winter

Anyone know wtf this ringing sound is? Heard it last night between 3- 4 am off and on. Was no source when I checked outside, it was seemingly coming from everywhere at once. Fucking creepy, glad I found the video or I'd think I was losing my mind. 

On 11/20/2016 at 3:12 AM, what said:

Anyone know wtf this ringing sound is? Heard it last night between 3- 4 am off and on. Was no source when I checked outside, it was seemingly coming from everywhere at once. Fucking creepy, glad I found the video or I'd think I was losing my mind.

Maybe it's some kind of mind control frequency to get everyone to go shopping on black Friday or something. :dunno:

Dentist's office had a new sign-in sheet saying First Name Only. I figured it was to solve a problem such as if some people's names made it hard to look them up not knowing which was first or last or non English letters? Nope hipaa identification regulation. I told them they should ask first name and favorite color. Almost got the wrong allergy shot once because they only called first names. The other person didn't get up because they saw me get up. Before the shot since I saw other people who had been waiting longer then me I asked. No, it was for someone else with the same first name. Could have gone badly.