Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

4 hours ago, snot said:

I am officially on summer break from school.

3 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

What's this "summer break" you are referring to?

More time to make sammiches.  Hellmutt will have it made for a little while.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, jporter12 said:

More time to make sammiches.  Hellmutt will have it made for a little while.

12 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

What's this "summer break" you are referring to?

It means I just work and make sammiches instead of work, school, sammiches made from left overs.

Start rant:

WTF CBus!! I am taking a class in Pickerington this week...great class, love the training. 

But... I70 is a train wreck. Over the last few years it was full of construction, why the fuck did you install all those potholes?! I am driving a football (see pic, Fiat 500), I am afraid it will get stuck in the potholes have potholes. 

No way all that construction and they didn't fix the potholes, so my conclusion is they must of installed them. They are placed in such away that every lane and every part of each lane has a pothole hidden some where... Don't drink and drive or you will spill your beer.

/rant

0506161707b.jpg

Edited by snot

Phone call today.

Me: Hello

Other person: Hi, may I speak with Paul please. 

M: Sorry you have the wrong number.

Op: Sorry about that. Maybe you could help me then, I'm calling on behalf of the Disabled Veterans Association....

M: What's the disability?

Op: Uhh they are various disabilities....

M: If their disability was phone dialing we might be onto something. 

Op: What? 

M: Phone dialing.

Op: Uhh if...

M: Look dude I don't care what your selling or asking for. I didn't sign up. Please learn to dial a correct number. Or change your sales pitch. 

Click

Now had he stated that they cannot dial phones correctly, I'd have been screwed and had to donate. But otherwise this clown is probably a scammer. 

• Upvote 2

I have gotten several of the 'wrong number' charity calls the last few weeks.  Seems to me they are just robo dialing numbers and guess at a name and go the 'maybe you can help me' line.

Edited by Tonik

14 hours ago, max power said:

Marc Stock

(614) 327-8085

He doesn't work for US Bank. Never has as far as I know. Works for Union Savings and Bank. Big shoutout to him though. He just got my house refinanced. 15yr for the same payment as my 30yr. We close this month. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Casper said:

He doesn't work for US Bank. Never has as far as I know. Works for Union Savings and Bank. Big shoutout to him though. He just got my house refinanced. 15yr for the same payment as my 30yr. We close this month. 

Edited by max power

21 minutes ago, Casper said:

well shit. Wonder if I could call him when the time comes to try and move again

• Upvote 1

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 11:22 AM, TimTheAzn said:

Ok......I want my bike back now............

The trade off 

Metrics break down less often but sometimes take weeks to get the parts in for the repair. With Harleys 99% of the time you will get your bike back the same day or at least the next. My 2012 Harley has over 40,000 miles and has spent less then 3 days total in the shop for repairs. Hope you back to riding.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HeavyDuty said:

The trade off 

Metrics break down less often but sometimes take weeks to get the parts in for the repair. With Harleys 99% of the time you will get your bike back the same day or at least the next. My 2012 Harley has over 40,000 miles and has spent less then 3 days total in the shop for repairs. Hope you back to riding.

I should be getting a call sometime this week. I have friday off, I hope its ready by Friday. Realistically, as long as I get it back before the 21'st I wont be tooooooo steaming mad. ACtually just got a voicemail literally as I am typing this. Let me see if thats the dealer.

3 hours ago, Bad324 said:

well shit. Wonder if I could call him when the time comes to try and move again

Yes and you should.  He handled by refi on my old house and the purchase of my new one. Both times I got killer rates, dirt cheap closing costs and excellent service 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, max power said:

OK, so the quote thing is still fucked up on my end at least.

I thought Union savings bank is what they were asking for since every union savings bank has a sign out front that says US Bank. 

Nope.

http://www.usavingsbank.com

vs

https://www.usbank.com

Union Savings and Bank is a small local bank. 

You can. You just have to really, really want it. That's the only thing different between you and me. If I can, you can. It's all about turning self-doubt into fuel for self-esteem. Self-esteem builds inside and makes you want to do it. I'm no different than you. I just hit my event horizon before you. It was "now or never" and I spent a year punishing the shit out of myself for being lazy and irresponsible for the past decade. Tough love is what it takes. Love yourself enough to punish the misdeed, and love yourself enough to accept the responsibility of your actions and love yourself enough to find the resolve to make a permanent lifestyle change.

There is no difference between you and me. Enjoy your trip. [emoji4]

I was just talking about lighting up a fat one, I would get fired.... [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

• Upvote 4

Oh... I feel incredibly stupid right now. I thought you were talking about riding a bicycle up the Skyway. I've been dreading it for months, now. It's all I can think about. [emoji38] 

Well that too, just fucking with ya man. You are a beast on that peddle machine and I've nothing but mad respect for ya. [emoji106]

• Upvote 1

On May 12, 2016 at 8:30 PM, Isaac's Papa said:

You can. You just have to really, really want it. That's the only thing different between you and me. If I can, you can. It's all about turning self-doubt into fuel for self-esteem. Self-esteem builds inside and makes you want to do it. I'm no different than you. I just hit my event horizon before you. It was "now or never" and I spent a year punishing the shit out of myself for being lazy and irresponsible for the past decade. Tough love is what it takes. Love yourself enough to punish the misdeed, and love yourself enough to accept the responsibility of your actions and love yourself enough to find the resolve to make a permanent lifestyle change.

There is no difference between you and me. Enjoy your trip. :)

Your speech was so inspirational I believed I could fly!!!!

youll be hearing from my lawyers. 

• Upvote 3