Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Like he is moving out to his own place and he wants you to co-sign it?

Yes. Our lease is up at the end of this month and I've decided that I want my own place. He has had 4+ months notice to get something together but he just started looking recently (as in the last 2 weeks), and it turns out he doesn't make $1200/month that places require (3x rent, or $400-ish/month) and he needs someone to co-sign. He asked me about it last night, I suggested he ask his parents, now he's really pissed off that I won't sign.

I've been friends with him since preschool. bleh. 

Edited by what

5 minutes ago, what said:

now he's really pissed off that I won't sign.

I've been friends with him since preschool. bleh. 

It's a real shame it is going down this way, but you are making the right call.

Just now, Tonik said:

It's a real shame it is going down this way, but you are making the right call.

What I don't get is why he won't get his parents to do it. He's leaving for Florida to visit them on Saturday and will be there for a week. Which is also pretty cool because that means I get to clean the apartment myself. 

Having roommates after college sucks. 

7 minutes ago, Tonik said:

He has stiffed them before, or is too embarrassed to ask, or maybe their credit sucks too.

I'm guessing it's embarrassment. He had like $200k+ saved up after he got out of the navy but he gave it all away. A big chunk went to his parents. 

4 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

My own bank wouldn't take out of state cosigners last car loan I had late 90's

I think it just depends on the place, I don't think there are any laws about someone cosigning from out of state. 

1 minute ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Cosigning is usually a bad idea. By "usually", I mean "always". 

I don't think he has any credit history, and his last few paychecks have been really light so places are refusing him outright or requiring him to get a cosigner. I wish he knew better than to ask me to cosign because it's just going to cause problems. Since I turned him down he now thinks I'm a selfish asshole who doesn't care if he's homeless at the end of the month. 

It feels like I've got an angry, estranged wife at home. My new place needs to open up ASAP :| 

9 hours ago, what said:

I don't think he has any credit history, and his last few paychecks have been really light so places are refusing him outright or requiring him to get a cosigner. I wish he knew better than to ask me to cosign because it's just going to cause problems. Since I turned him down he now thinks I'm a selfish asshole who doesn't care if he's homeless at the end of the month. 

It feels like I've got an angry, estranged wife at home. My new place needs to open up ASAP :| 

Image result for Fuck that guy meme

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Got another rear tire delivered today and my Traxxion Dynamics Fork Springs.

Incredible what a small change in suspension can do for your handling!  Enjoy!

8 minutes ago, what said:

I just realized I am now the only single person in my office. Also, half of the current relationships are between co-workers. 

more free time to motorcycle for me. suckers. 

Hopefully you don't work in an all male office? :D

4 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

I'm the youngest person in my office by several years. Not too many sights to see....

There's a pretty good age range where I work, from early/mid 20's up to 50 or so. Most of the men are 30-40 and married and most of the women are 23-29 and engaged. There are a few that are dating each other though.