Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

1 hour ago, Isaac's Papa said:

@Al Z. Heimer, I will let Lyns know you play. I bet Lyns would love to jam with you. I wish she'd put that bass down once in a while and pick up her Telecaster. I could listen to her play for days. You might be just what I need. :) 

@Qman, drumset is very nice. 

Do they play any hippie music?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Story?

Where to begin, it's a who's who of jerks, liars and losers.  Meeting a guy and hitting it off to the point that he suggests date 2 before date one is over, but then I don't hear from him again after that.  Repeat that with some worse encounters mixed in, and there you have my dating history.

I have horrible luck with men/dating compounded by the fact that I'm very tall and not a twenty-something, or hell even a thirty-something. It's depressing... but, online dating is the only avenue to meet single men.  Being tall equals being intimidating  (so I'm told) and means that men don't approach me, ever.

6 minutes ago, tall_tracy said:

Where to begin, it's a who's who of jerks, liars and losers.  Meeting a guy and hitting it off to the point that he suggests date 2 before date one is over, but then I don't hear from him again after that.  Repeat that with some worse encounters mixed in, and there you have my dating history.

I have horrible luck with men/dating compounded by the fact that I'm very tall and not a twenty-something, or hell even a thirty-something. It's depressing... but, online dating is the only avenue to meet single men.  Being tall equals being intimidating  (so I'm told) and means that men don't approach me, ever.

I tried it years ago.   My experience wasn't so different from yours.  It all seemed very forced.   I wouldn't do it again.  I have a few stories though.

Anymore I'll pretty much only date someone that I've known on a friendly level first. 

7 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

I tried it years ago.   My experience wasn't so different from yours.  It all seemed very forced.   I wouldn't do it again.  I have a few stories though.

Anymore I'll pretty much only date someone that I've known on a friendly level first. 

I'm on the brink of giving up completely and being single forever.  I don't want to be single but online dating is exponentially awful.

9 hours ago, tall_tracy said:

I'm on the brink of giving up completely and being single forever.  I don't want to be single but online dating is exponentially awful.

When I started looking for Mrs. Tonik 2.0 I picked up a few hobbies that I figured would appeal to both sexes and then found local groups that revolved around those hobbies. Found her in a group that did long distance bicycling.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Be careful. I found Lyndse on a motorcycle ride. So it sometimes backfires. 

I took up one hobby that lead me to 'The punk rock girl'.  Not Mrs. Tonik 2.0 material but man that was an epic time for a few months.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, tall_tracy said:

Everything happens for a reason. I'm a strong believer in that. Also a strong believer in nothing good is ever easy or quick. 

At least you arent an asian male living in cleveland, then you'd be totally fucked. Can't wait to move back to somewhere more diverse where interracial dating doesnt seem like taboo.

And only insecure men will say tall girls are intimidating. Last two girls I dated were taller than me :dunno: I love me some long legs :lol::lol:

Edited by TimTheAzn

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

When I started looking for Mrs. Tonik 2.0 I picked up a few hobbies that I figured would appeal to both sexes and then found local groups that revolved around those hobbies. Found her in a group that did long distance bicycling.

When I started riding I thought it might be a way to meet people, especially guys.  So I've met a bunch of guys, but no dates.  

I think it just needs to warm up so I can go riding, instead of feeling depressed. Or I'm just going to drown my sorrows later in apple pie... ?

Just now, TimTheAzn said:

Everything happens for a reason. I'm a strong believer in that. Also a strong believer in nothing good is ever easy or quick. 

At least you arent an asian male living in cleveland, then you'd be totally fucked. Can't wait to move back to somewhere more diverse where interracial dating doesnt seem like taboo.

Thanks.

I wanted to say something about your odds/probability/other statistic of meeting someone and how it would just confuse you bc you know, math, but I  don't feel up to math jokes today.... 

3 minutes ago, tall_tracy said:

Thanks.

I wanted to say something about your odds/probability/other statistic of meeting someone and how it would just confuse you bc you know, math, but I  don't feel up to math jokes today.... 

I understand 0. :lol:

Also, only insecure men will say tall girls are intimidating. 

Edited by TimTheAzn

30 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I've dated/hung out with a couple asian females.  Honestly, the word "interracial" never crossed my mind.  It's probably different for men vs women :dunno:

15 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

I've dated/hung out with a couple asian females.  Honestly, the word "interracial" never crossed my mind.  It's probably different for men vs women :dunno:

Absolutely different.

Guys are less picky that also helps. Also less generalizations about asian women vs. asian men. 

49 minutes ago, tall_tracy said:

When I started riding I thought it might be a way to meet people, especially guys.  So I've met a bunch of guys, but no dates.  

I think it just needs to warm up so I can go riding, instead of feeling depressed. Or I'm just going to drown my sorrows later in apple pie... ?

Ok, this is sounding more like a string of bad luck and the winter blues than a permanent issue.  Drink some pie, hang in there you will be fine.

My only foray into online dating a few of you OR OGs met at a bike night. She was crazy and had nice tits so that was fun for a couple months. Then met a different crazy girl that was more fun for awhile til i met my wife

Edited by Bad324

Just now, Tonik said:

Ok, this is sounding more like a string of bad luck and the winter blues than a permanent issue.  Drink some pie, hang in there you will be fine.

I've been single now for almost 6 years so if it's bad luck, then shit, it needs to stop.

I'm pretty sure that tall women deal w the same problems as short men... tall men want tiny petite women, leaving tall women and short men a much smaller pool of dating prospects...

Just now, tall_tracy said:

I've been single now for almost 6 years so if it's bad luck, then shit, it needs to stop.

I'm pretty sure that tall women deal w the same problems as short men... tall men want tiny petite women, leaving tall women and short men a much smaller pool of dating prospects...

I have a friend who would make a queen out of any woman he would date, very nice guy albeit can be slightly socially awkward at times. Why's is he still single you ask? He's like 5'5"

I've tried the online dating. No luck either. Seems like everyone I met on there was either still in their party lifestyle from college or stuck flipping burgers with no motivation to advance their life. I don't need that in my life. 

Have you looked at it like you're focusing on "you gotta get married?"  Sounds a bit like it.

I gave up on women finally after ten years of finding out just how people can be different (read crazy, ect.).  I decided to quit dating seriously, quit picking girls up in bars (fun but sucks as bad as on-line dating).  I laid back, enjoyed life and concentrated on work, riding and such.  Bam!  Met the mother of my 3 kids, have grandkids now (yeah I'm old) and have had a good life.

And yeah I know I'm not hurting Dr. Phil one bit.

• Upvote 1

I met a couple nice people online, but way more crazies...

One was married, using online dating to cheat on her husband, because he cheated on her.  I passed.

On was living with and still dating her boyfriend, and she literally told me she was looking for an "upgrade."  I asked her how long we would date before she needed another upgrade.  She was beautiful, but a total train wreck.

One was still living with her ex, who would get drunk and beat her up.  I got her tell her family what was going on.  I decided against a second date though.  

On a first date, I was told we could have sex that night, but only if I agreed we were dating exclusively.  This was after she told me she couldn't handle rejection and cried :(

15 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

@Al Z. Heimer, I will let Lyns know you play. I bet Lyns would love to jam with you. I wish she'd put that bass down once in a while and pick up her Telecaster. I could listen to her play for days. You might be just what I need. :) 

@Qman, drumset is very nice. 

It would not be nice to lie to her. I don't think that my dabbling can be called playing. It's something that I wish I could be proficient at but that's not gonna happen. I'm a cracker and have no rhythm. It's much worse than my ability to properly pilot a motorcycle.  

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

I have a friend who would make a queen out of any woman he would date, very nice guy albeit can be slightly socially awkward at times. Why's is he still single you ask? He's like 5'5"

I'm 5'8" and 1/2 thank you very much.

• Upvote 1