How do you deal with stoplights?

ohdaho

I attached a neodimium (rare earth magnet) to my headers and have no problems now. They cost less than a dollar on some websites.

That's what is in hard drives, but I'm still wondering how to get the magnet off the steel backing plate without breaking it...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had one of these mounted on the bottom of my wifes old scooter' date='

not sure if it really made a difference or not.[/quote']

yeah, i only have one light like this and it didnt seem to make a difference for me. i may have mounted it a bit too high, stuck it on the bottom of the swingarm, maybe should have gone with bottom of the lower fairing...

lol that would be awesome to witness.

done that before too, neutral, kickstand, crosswalk button, run back to bike, GOOOOOOOO!!!!

Thanks to this thread I was on a mid afternoon ride and came up to a stoplight that didnt wanna respond.... Noticed the box everyones talking about for the first time in my life and motioned the truck behind me to inch up closer.

He activated the signal and everyone was happy! Worked like a charm....

Thanks to everyone whose put in their 2 cents

I'll wait for a cycle or two then run it. If cars are behind me, I'll give a "come here" motion to get closer to me so they can trip the front sensor. About 1 in 4 have enough mental capacity to understand this gesture.

LOL! that's actually a pretty accurate estimation. i've done that on a few occasions and even the ones who pull up on the sensor still take like 3 minutes to get the hint that waving them up means "GET UP ON THE BAR!"

Emailed the ODOT on 4/5... got a response today

Mr. Matthew,

Thank you for reporting the problem you experienced with the detection of your motorcycle. The Traffic Signal Maintenance, City of Akron has been notified and they are working on the matter.

Satya Goyal

Office of Traffic Engineering

i made a left on red after waiting for 2 or 3 cycles, i didnt get 100 yards before getting pulled over. i explained the problem and the cop said he was a rider too and he understood the problem and let me go :)