Vespa - what do you think?

Cbosman

That whole "hair on fire" thing is what I hate most about my bike. Not to mention a tank of premium every 150 miles.

damn i must be doing something wrong, I'm lucky to get 110 out of a tank

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I average about 120. Rocket doesn't have a PC3 or any intake/exhaust mods though, it's just as Hon-duh intended. :)

yea I like to blame the changed gearing and gutted exhaust whether thats the real reason or not :lol:

damn i must be doing something wrong, I'm lucky to get 110 out of a tank
I average about 120. Rocket doesn't have a PC3 or any intake/exhaust mods though, it's just as Hon-duh intended. :)

I average about 160 miles before I have to switch to reserve. another 30 miles or so and I'm empty.

a quarter liter bike is way too much for the street. stick with 50cc.

squids make me sick.

( I know you're just joking around jbot, but it made me think of the people that say that and aren't.)

:lol: It has always made me laugh when people demand that their opinion of what is "enough" cc for the street is 100% correct and should be respected. I just think to myself, "STFU, enough cc is the cc that makes you happy."

In my opinion...I would never suggest a scooter on an interstate. I instantly think of death.:eek::popcorn:

Edited by NinjaNick

( I know you're just joking around jbot, but it made me think of the people that say that and aren't.)

:lol: It has always made me laugh when people demand that their opinion of what is "enough" cc for the street is 100% correct and should be respected. I just think to myself, "STFU".

In my opinion...I would never suggest a scooter on an interstate. I instantly think of death.:eek::popcorn:

I have to agree with you here. For me, the 250 is enough for most of the riding I do.I wouldn't want to ride it very far on the interstate though. It's not bad even on group rides through the twist stuff, other than keeping up on the straights. The main reason I would likew to get something bigger is to be able to overcome the 2 things I mentioned, and to not be running it about as hard it will will run quite often.

I have a friend who put a 150cc motor in a 50cc Ruckus. It's a blast to ride and he now has plans to supercharge it. I can't wait to ride it then.

I know that friend and I've seen that Ruckus, didn't get the opportunity to ride it though.

He will have it at Mid-Ohio again this August. He left her's completely stock so it's cool to feel the difference riding them side by side. He didn't have a choice in leaving her's stock.

I know him. He had an RC51 good guy.

I still would highly recommend she test ride a scooter with 12" wheels and 16" wheels at highway speeds if that's some of the riding she will be doing. There is a world of difference in stability. If you have any influence on her you should do a test also it has to be felt to explain well.

:werd: Scooters are scary with little wheels, I stay far away from them.