And you thought Cochacton was bad...

curby

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread does not deliver, why bother even starting a thread of this nature when you've got nothing?? Seems like somthing Sarah would do.

Since there is no info and I dont care to check back as I"ve totally lost interest after 44 posts of nothing I'll tell the story as I see it. A few newbs and two wannabe curve carvers join up for a ride to boost thier ego. Curby comes along to attemp to keep them inline. Speedytriple comes to show them how its done. Holly shows for a little eye candy. Anyway long story short Speedy bails early so Tim takes the lead. Well knee draggin Timmy's Shinko's "that he's so proud of" finally give up the ghost and took him out along with two others. End of story nothing more to see here carry on.

Jbot let the other puppy go or I'll quit sending you all the stray cats for those asian meals you like so much.

pretty good analysis except i was on the fzr (dunlops) and im sure you will be delighted to know i went down :rolleyes: .....in any case, it wasnt the tires, it was piss-poor judgement

Edited by timotheus

If I had the time this morning I'd type out a comprehensive ride report for you guys, but I'm short on time right now. I'm getting ready to head up to Cedar Point for a bit so I'll leave that for our ride leader Curby, who also has quite a few pics he should post.

All I can say is that guy on the busa must have had a premonition when he decided to turn tail and head back to Canton. For what it's worth, I still had a good time and met a group of good people I hope to ride with again.

Ok, off to Cedar Point. Curby, that ride report and pics better be up by the time I get back, I'll need some good reading material later.:D

Ps.. Holly may not understand the whole North & South concept, but she can ride her bike.

here it is in a nutshell....

Started with 10 or 11 of us and after the first road the random Busa that joined us bailed, it was more of a show bike anyway. After he bailed the next road we hit had a pretty nice S curve and Tim made the first turn but not the 2nd and ended up off the road. I was carrying up the rear and it looked worse than it actually was but he came out basically ok with a banged up shoulder and limited damage to the bike

A couple of us helped him get back on the road while the others waited ahead in a parking lot where we met the coolest cop. He's a rider and had an R6s I believe. He chatted with us a bit in the parking lot to make sure everyone was alright and then out of nowhere it started to thunder and lightning. He pointed us to a bank that we could park under the drive thru overhang while the storm passed. In doing this he actually threw his lights on and pulled out to stop traffic for us. It stormed and we stayed dry

When it cleared he actually came back from the station with a weather report. He then decided to lead us to an area where he figured the roads would be better and dry. Well there was 1 road we had to take before getting there...

And this road was wet and possibly the slickest thing I have ever ridden on, honestly felt like riding on straight oil. There was a pretty nice hill and everyone was probably doing around 40-45 and I don't think a single one of us didn't have an oh shit moment with the back end sliding out a bit. This is where my friend on his cruiser got a little nervous and when the back end wiggled a bit I think he hit the brakes a little too much and dumped it. Thankfully he was 2nd from last and I was behind him and able to avoid me dumping it too or hitting him in the middle of the road. He was fine some scratches and rash and for as far as the bike slid he came out pretty ok. He was able to ride it home and will need a new tank, shifter, saddle bag and mirror upon first look.

The cop immediately saw this and turned around instantly to block the road and help get everything taken care of. At this point we all went back to his station where he wrote up a report for the insurance and pretty much hooked us up with a ridiculous amount of help through the evening. I don't have any pictures so you'll have to wait for the others to throw them up. In no way did I feel like typing all this out last night from my phone so sorry for the tease job :p

Edited by Bad324

pretty good analysis except i was on the fzr (dunlops) and im sure you will be delighted to know i went down :rolleyes: .....in any case, it wasnt the tires, it was piss-poor judgement

Actually no I dont wish it on anyone. You'll learn I'm sarcastic, witty and spitefull but not hatefull. Just felt this thread was usuless and uninformative thus far so figured the Shinko debate could possibly make it somewhat interesting.

But it didnt.

ok I'm in the process now of moving pics to the comp give me a few... i had one too many last night and needed a little pick me up..

I have a lot to post but someone else post up what happened..

I have my daughters birthday party to set up for...

it was a lot of fun though, i got to see some roads i never knew existed so Matt and i may be down for going that route again sometime..

Finally Bad324 comes through with the story.

I share Todd's disappointment we can't turn this into a Shinko debate for eDrama.

In summation, Timotheus went down "spirited" riding in dry weather, and Bad's buddy went down because of the rain slicked road - and because cruisers handle balls, not corners.

This thread does not deliver, why bother even starting a thread of this nature when you've got nothing?? Seems like somthing Sarah would do.

Since there is no info and I dont care to check back as I"ve totally lost interest after 44 posts of nothing I'll tell the story as I see it. A few newbs and two wannabe curve carvers join up for a ride to boost thier ego. Curby comes along to attemp to keep them inline. Speedytriple comes to show them how its done. Holly shows for a little eye candy. Anyway long story short Speedy bails early so Tim takes the lead. Well knee draggin Timmy's Shinko's "that he's so proud of" finally give up the ghost and took him out along with two others. End of story nothing more to see here carry on.

Jbot let the other puppy go or I'll quit sending you all the stray cats for those asian meals you like so much.

Fucking hilarious. :D

Sorry to hear about the crashes.