Helmets: What do you have?

tyler524

Scorpion Exo-400. I'm looking for something that's lighter, but still as comfortable as this one. Fully removable pads is a must, too.

If you're happy with your EXO-400 and dont want to spend the money to move up to an Arai or Shoei then the EXO-700 might be a good bet, its fiberglass instead of poly so its a bit lighter, I never have trouble with the weight of my helmet and I'm extremely happy I bought it as a first.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Arai Quantum II is my favorite, but my EXO-700 with htis Noj air skirt thing is the quietest (I mean NO NOISE) helmet I ever wore.

I also have the Quantum II. When I returned to riding last year, a bikeless friend loaned me his old Quantum/e. I had never had a helmet fit my head so perfectly.

However, if you find something DOT, or even Snell certified that fits well and is cheap, I say go for it.

Does it get stuffy in the Noj thing? And what about fogging? I have the scorpion chin skirt, but it somehow lets a crazy jet stream straight up to my left eye sometimes. Drives me mad!

I have one of those as well, but I could never get the helmet over my head with it on there without it feeling like I was crushing my head. It WAS a LOT quieter, but it didn't do much for keeping the cold off my chin, which is why I bought it. The IS-16 has a very large chin skirt, I'm curious how it will work in the cold, along with a balaklava.

Does it get stuffy in the Noj thing? And what about fogging? I have the scorpion chin skirt, but it somehow lets a crazy jet stream straight up to my left eye sometimes. Drives me mad!

The Noj flows some air. No fogging at least while riding. Not stuffy. I would have it on my Arai but couldn't get it on. The Scorp allows for a perfect install with no trimming. Makes it quiet and keeps the bugs out. Too bad I wear my Arai all the time.

started with an scorpion exo400 last fall and just bought a Shoei RF1000 on closesout that I absolutely love. Keeping the Scorpion as a back up though

Where did you get the RF1000 on clearance?

I have a EXO-400 its busted up. I am hoping for a new one for Christmas. :rolleyes:

Where did you get the RF1000 on clearance?

I have a EXO-400 its busted up. I am hoping for a new one for Christmas. :rolleyes:

2 Wheel Toyz in which I found through ebay. Ended up with a Red/Black Caster and dark smoke shield for $290 shipped. Cheapest I could find brand new anywhere. Also, the guy I worked with was awesome because I wanted one with an 09 build date and he went through a couple boxes while on the phone with me to insure I would get one from 09

HJC CL-15...

Yup. Me too.

The only bee-atch thing about it is that both of the visor 'plates' that hold the visor in broke at once last month. Good thing is that it only cost me $10 with shipping to replace both.

Edited by Casper
fixed quote

I have the Shark RSR2 and LOVE it! I got an in-store clearance one last year for $200. I had 4 things I required in a helmet..Very light weight, Flow a lot of air, Still be quiet after flowing all that air, and then high safety ratings. Shark met them all. I've ridden probably close to 18,000 miles, and I am still Very happy with it! I would buy another one without hesitation, especially at a good clearance price!

First thing people notice about it when they pick it up...is that it is extremely light weight. I don't remember exact weight, but it's Just a tad over 3lbs.

When I look at other helmets, I am shocked at how heavy most of them feel, and many of the ones that have been mentioned already in this thread..the interior lining just feels rough, and almost scratchy on my bald head!

Here is a review from Sportbiketrackgear.com. If you are looking for a new lid, check it out...Shark is all about safety

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIvlnu8QY2Y&feature=player_embedded

watch?v=kIvlnu8QY2Y&feature=player_embedded

I have a Scorpion EXO-400, which is very nice for a "low end" helmet. Good fit, plush foam, quiet, well designed and durable shield and attachment points. I'd buy another, in fact, probably will pick up a neon yellow one soon.

Also have a Fulmer ADV Dual Sport helmet, it's okay; but the foam is harder, it's obviously a lot noisier, the shield is not optically correct, and the peak and shield mounts feel flimsy. For the money, though, ($100), it is decent and is a good off road helmet with the shield removed and goggles in it's place.

I've owned HJC's, which failed to impress; one Shoei, which was okay but really nothing awesome; a Bell or two, similarly failed to impress...

Arai... Nothing will go on my head but an Arai! Once u have one, and then try on other helmets, they all feel like junk. Maybe the only other helmet that I tried on that felt good was a Suomy, but I've been told they are loud when riding??

Anyway, the most important thing here is that you have a helmet! Anything DOT will work, it's just my head has been spoiled for many years in the nice comfy Arai!

I recently switched to an Arai vector and I'll never have any other full-face helmet on my head again. The quality and comfort are unmatched.

started with a cheap HJC modular helmet (cause i thought it was boss that i could flip up the whole front like motherfucking transformers) - sold to an awesome old BMW rider, then got a regular full face HJC on clearance - gave to my friend who was in the process of buying a bike, then got a couple OGK FF-4's from england (it was euro-spec, brah! light and awesome) - crashed it but still wear it and have a spare i never used cause my head is too big for a medium. then bought a Arai Vector that I currently wear cause it's panda black and white and has asian speak written on it. pretty sure it says "i swallow".

i'm looking to get a shark RSR2 next if I could find one for cheap. STG had a nice clearance, but those sold out in like a day.

I generally don't like to think about how much i've spent on just gear alone cause I know I could've bought a few track bikes with the money.

I have an Arai Corsair V, currently arai's "best" helmet. When actually, its just the most expensive. Im not a big fan, its loud, and not as comfortable as my old arai quantam 2. If i could find someone with a monster quantam 2, i would trade them in a heartbeat

arai%20corsair%20v%20hopkins%20monster.jpg