What are your favorite beers?

Casper

1. Yuengling Light Lager (I always stockpile when I go to WV to see my parents so I can keep it in the house at all times lol)

2. Sam Adams Winter Lager

3. Rolling Rock

Rolling Rock is about the only A-B brand beer that I can drink that doesn't give me a killer headache after one or two of them. I can't handle Budweiser or any derivative for some reason, but some other brand domestics (Yuengling, Sam Adams, Coors etc..)are fine and I can drink all night no problem. Weird, huh. I was afraid when A-B bought Rolling Rock in '06 that i wouldn't be able to drink it anymore because they would change it, but so far so good.

Edited by drew95gt

^^that Fruit Lambic is TERRIBLE if its the one I'm thinking of. It was on the Winking Lizard Beer Tour last year and they gave us this syrup that you put in the beer and mix it with. That was 1 of 2 beers I didn't actually finish for the beer tour

I think it is number 53 on this years tour, left hand column all the way at the bottom. There was no syrup involved when I drank it. It tasted like raspberries and had a little bit of bitterness to it like fresh raspberries.

hmmm I must be thinking of a different one but I know I had that one and it was not to my liking, I also hate raspberry flavored anything though. I had a bad experience. I'm not hip to this years beer tour because I declined to do it after I made the mistake of adding up just how much I spent at the Winking Lizard last year alone :(

I just went to the Giant Eagle Market District store in Upper Arlington ..... I think I found my new home away from home. Their beer and wine selection is amazing. I am sure the rest of the store is just as good but I didn't make it that far :)

The tough decision was whether to post it here, or to Facebook first, right? :lol:

So, for somewhat of a newb to craft/specialty beers, how does GL Christmas Ale compare to Sam Adams Winter Lager? I have Winter Lager right now.

A little background about my beer history, I've had several "good" beers in my time, including Guiness and Smithwick's in Ireland (they're much better there) and some premium beers around here, I'm just done with the big American beers, since I seem to slways get a headache from them. I'm not a beer snob, but could easily become one, I'm thinking!

So, for somewhat of a newb to craft/specialty beers, how does GL Christmas Ale compare to Sam Adams Winter Lager? I have Winter Lager right now.

A little background about my beer history, I've had several "good" beers in my time, including Guiness and Smithwick's in Ireland (they're much better there) and some premium beers around here, I'm just done with the big American beers, since I seem to slways get a headache from them. I'm not a beer snob, but could easily become one, I'm thinking!

GL Christmas Ale > Sam Adams Winter Lager. The only beer that compares to GL Christmas Ale is Thirsty Dog 12 Dogs of Christmas Ale. This is because it was the original GL recipe and the master brewer left GL for Thirsty Dog and took it with him

It's hard to say that the great lakes beer is better than the sam adams one as they're completely different styles of beer. You may have a personal preference to one or the other, but they can't really be judged head-to-head.

Barley's in columbus also makes a VERY good xmas ale. Much harder to come by than even the great lakes as they don't bottle it.

GL Christmas Ale > Sam Adams Winter Lager. The only beer that compares to GL Christmas Ale is Thirsty Dog 12 Dogs of Christmas Ale. This is because it was the original GL recipe and the master brewer left GL for Thirsty Dog and took it with him

Went to Winking Lizard last night for GL Xmas ale and they were out. I settle for the Thirsty Dog and it was very good also. Highly recommend it.

Went to Winking Lizard last night for GL Xmas ale and they were out. I settle for the Thirsty Dog and it was very good also. Highly recommend it.

KDB (the old Gameworks at Easton) has it on tap. As of Tuesday, they had three kegs left.

KDB (the old Gameworks at Easton) has it on tap. As of Tuesday, they had three kegs left.

Thanks for the tip. Ill try to make it over there Monday since I work all weekend. Hopefully they still have some left...if not I'll just have to bottle it some more.