What protective gear do you wear?  

788 members have voted

1. 1. What protective gear do you wear?

• Helmet
    • Gloves
    • Jacket
    • Pants
    • Boots

I like pulling up right next to a Hardley guy at a stop light on the scoot. When he looks over I wave. It's like I slapped him. Its a noticeable physical effect. The chest deflates and they slump over a bit and the head snaps back to 12 o'clock immediately.

This must be what he looks like when all that purchased self image is destroyed by a fat kid on a scooter, Too funny.

I like pulling up right next to a Hardley guy at a stop light on the scoot. When he looks over I wave. It's like I slapped him. Its a noticeable physical effect. The chest deflates and they slump over a bit and the head snaps back to 12 o'clock immediately.

This must be what he looks like when all that purchased self image is destroyed by a fat kid on a scooter, Too funny.

I love it when a pirate thinks he's to cool to wave back at a scooter. I will then intensify my wave to a frantic rapid gay wave almost like I'm flirting with him to please accept me. I even embarrass my girlfriend and she has been with me a long time so that's hard to do. The reactions are priceless. God I love scooters, too much fun.

Please don't put me on a proper i4 liter bike, I might pee my pants

You can't handle the power. After messing around with all those twins an inline 1K will rock your world. Still won't get you as much trim as a scooter. (Spell checker wanted to correct trim to trimmer.)

• Upvote 1

All the gear, all the time. There's no part of my body that I want to subject to a slide across pavement or a hard impact on terra firma, and there's no magic forcefield that can stop that from happening if the right chain of events occur.

ATGATT here too except when commuting. Then, I'll wear the khakis instead of the riding jeans. The commute is short with the main risk being the cell phone talking cage people.

Wear full gear on weekend rides out of town or when its cold.normall I dont wear riding pants to work just jeans. It may sound crazy from a sportbiker but I wanna get some chaps or leather overpants to wear when going to work just still working on the funds...the icon automag leathers wld b great

I rather sweat than bleed!!! No skin below the chin.

Wearing Helmet, gloves, boots, cordura suit with plastic pads.

If push comes to shove I want to be sure I have done all I can do protect myself. I hate: I wish I would have's.....

Edited by Fazerlady

I always try and wear a leather jacket, gauntlet gloves and of course a full face helmet. I hate wearing jeans, but I will wear SHIFT's Kevlar lined jeans and my road race boots.

I have as of the last two rides worn textile jacket and textile pants. Felt weird to not have the leather...

Dunno if the textile is for me on a mental note vs. safety. I think textiles are pretty damn good and have even seen a mesh jacket that was in a low side at above 60 mph and saved a person's skin. So, textiles are good. But, my mental state is leather is best - in my mind as to the whole track stuff...

But man, that leather is a KILLER in the summer!

I wear my leather speedmaster jacket, gloves, boots, helmet in summer. I don't suit up for a dinner date, I suit up for the ride. I don't care how sweaty or hot I get. It's the fun I'm in it for, not to impress people by how I'm ventilating my body. :lol: It has some perforation and 2 zipper vents anyway which the wind travels through at speed. Stop and go is brutal at 90+ degrees, but I don't care. I hit face first in leather and I was impressed; a mesh would've torn.

Edited by NinjaNick

I need some boots, wish they werent so expensive. I put the bike down a couple months ago when we had a warm indian summer, if i wasnt wearing my rocket jacket, my whole right foremarm would still be a mess. Props to jackets!!

Edited by BeastieSSSC

I need some boots, wish they werent so expensive. I put the bike down a couple months ago when we had a warm indian summer, if i wasnt wearing my rocket jacket, my whole right foremarm would still be a mess. Props to jackets!!

buy them used from various sites. my friend got a nice pair of sidi vertigo corsa for like 125, and my other friend got a pair of puma race boots for 100.

just gotta look around, they're out there.