Whats your age? (sport bikes)

2talltim

41. Been riding two wheelers since I was 11. (mopeds, 50cc dirt bikes, etc). Had a few bikes over the years, (ex500, 450 Honda, etc) but hardly ever running. Got first sport bike ('91 zx7) in 2001. But it too was in the shop more than not. Last year I finally splurged and bought an '06 zx-10 that starts everytime I turn the key. Now I feel like a total newb when I'm with other sportbike riders

37 in body 21 in mind (ok maybe 15).... always got told to act my age when I was younger that's never gonna happen...

started riding dirt bikes at 6yrs old started riding street bikes in 1992 had an old 1968 triumph chopper 650cc I got from a guy I had lent money ($150) too and he got laid off and was unable to pay me it was uncomfortable as hell traded that for a xr200 and a go kart with 440 snowmobile engine.... 1994 I went looking for a new bike was gonna buy zx11 took one for a test ride and discovered I was not mature enough to own one bought a 1991 yamaha virago 1100 rode that for a couple years then sold it and didn't ride again until May of '08 when I bought a ninja ex500 then in August of '08 I bought a ninja 650r (wife said zx14 was too expensive :cry:)about three or four weeks later I took wife for about a 200 mile ride and when we got home she said she hated the bike that it was uncomfortable find a different bike (that's what I wanted to hear :D) so I hunted around and did lots of research and looking at different bikes and in November of '08 the 650r got traded for the zx14 :D and she loved it and I still love the rush every time I crack that throttle open.

Edited by conn-e-rot

I still love the rush every time I crack that throttle open.

Does that ever get old; or do you at least feel yourself starting to get used to it?

I sincerely believe that my 87hp F2 was twice as fun because I was riding a 45hp EX500 during the week.

I suppose you can get the same effect from driving a car every so often, but bike-to-bike comparisons seem more "pure" somehow.

I am 37, soon to be 38 on the 3rd of May. Have been riding sportbikes since I was 20, bikes since I was 16. Popped my cherry on a old Kawi LTD550 that belonged to my best friend. Hooked on two wheels ever since.

Jealous much.. :)

:lol: Haters will hate Holly.

Does that ever get old; or do you at least feel yourself starting to get used to it?

Hell no. It's always a rush. I'd say I'm more use to knowing what is about to happen than actually being use to it if that makes sense. Then I get this huge grin and say...holy shit that was amazing! Torque being in the triples is the big reason.

37 Started riding at 7 on a KDX80 and have had many dirt bikes over the years. Bought an Indian moped at 14 and when I turned 16 bought a Yamaha XJ650 Maxim. I have had many bikes over the years, always sport or sport standards.

I am 37, soon to be 38 on the 3rd of May. Have been riding sportbikes since I was 20, bikes since I was 16. Popped my cherry on a old Kawi LTD550 that belonged to my best friend. Hooked on two wheels ever since.

Many cherries are popped by Kawi's. Kawasaki's are worshipped almost as much as Harleys. I'm one of those people. :woo:

Many cherries are popped by Kawi's. Kawasaki's are worshipped almost as much as Harleys. I'm one of those people. :woo:

Kawasaki.... The only thing that can make BMW's WSBK ambitions look possible...:D

• Upvote 1

Ok im offten refered to as "the old guy on the sport bike" to some guys that i talk to from time to time that dont know me personally( i do look older than i am). I know im not that old, i'll be 35 in July. I was just curious as to how old some of you other sport riders were.

42 going on 43 in July. Going on my 5th season of riding. 2 seasons on the SilverWing and going on 3rd with the FZ6R.

Edited by SWing'R