APES ON MY SHADOW...whats your opinion??

motochic28

Whenever I pass a bike with ape hangers, usually mutter something like 'what a douchebag.'

I just think it's a mod for posers. Kind of like a hand shifter, a hardtail, or an ext. swingarm on a sportbike that will never see a dragstrip. Other than for poser reasons, why mod a bike to make it less rideable?

Whenever I pass a bike with ape hangers, usually mutter something like 'what a douchebag.'

I just think it's a mod for posers. Kind of like a hand shifter, a hardtail, or an ext. swingarm on a sportbike that will never see a dragstrip. Other than for poser reasons, why mod a bike to make it less rideable?

i agree with you.

the only difference is, with apes, nobody can even argue that they have any function. with drag mods, a poser can still claim to race the bike, even if they dont. with apes, theres no excuse at all. except liking it in the butt. OP - do you like it in the butt?

Well said. My thoughts exactly.

to each their own with the whitewalls....i think they look way tacky....the back of the bike looks much better than the front lol

bar-ends are just mirros that go on the bars to get rid of the big ones that hang off the handlebars

im not really a fan of bar-ends too much, but i like them more than the big mirrors that are on the bars....i actually didnt even have mirrors on my bike most of the time, but when i did they were bar ends

Bar-end%20Mirrors.jpg

I say do it your way. Whatever you think, is what I think, you should go with.

Apes are not something pemanent that you couldn't remove if you didn't like them. But you will have to get longer cables and probably do something for mirrors. Look for a used set for cheap, and that way you could always get your money back out of them if you don't like them. I say try it.

I don't think drag bars would go with the look of your bike, but that's just my opinion. I actually like the beach style bars you have, but i understand the desire to change it up to make it your own. I like the whitewalls on your bike too. Gives it a good contrast.

By the way, I saw your bike sitting downtown yesterday, lookin really good!

Edited by Ron505

to each their own with the whitewalls....i think they look way tacky....the back of the bike looks much better than the front lol

bar-ends are just mirros that go on the bars to get rid of the big ones that hang off the handlebars

im not really a fan of bar-ends too much, but i like them more than the big mirrors that are on the bars....i actually didnt even have mirrors on my bike most of the time, but when i did they were bar ends

Bar-end%20Mirrors.jpg

Agree to disagree on the whitewalls lol ;)

Is it legal to just take the mirrors off? I replaced the ones that were on it when I got it, but they still seem blahh..dont like them. I like the bar-end mirrors A LOT!! Thanks! :)