anyone here make bbq?

oldschoolsdime92

• 1 month later...

Found an incredible baby back rib recipe for crock pot.

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/475/Baby_Back_Ribs55246.shtml

I did mine for like 5 hours on medium. Ribs come out incredibly tender and moist, the rub is awesome, great flavor.

I've been so busy lately haven't gotten to use mine. I've promised myself over the winter however that I would do some decent modding to it to make it even better. Will be a lot nicer when I get my deck finished and can leave it out there and make a little stand/work table

I may try to convert that into a smoker recipe, I love ribs. At this point my smoker has become a regular cooking tool in our house ! I did a Bacon encrusted pork loin last Sunday, I forgot to post up about!

IMAG2083.jpg

IMAG2085.jpg

IMAG2091.jpg

I haz a meat boner right now. That looks incredible.

I haz a meat boner right now. That looks incredible.

I've been lucky enough to sample some of his cooking, and I couldn't get up from the table for a little while because of my meaty situation :D Damn good stuff!

I take that as quite the compliment! :lol:

Although it was meant as so with utmost sincerety......you have to remember......I'm a fat guy, so there isn't much I WONT eat :D

But in all seriousness bro, you got some smoker skillz!

Edited by Hellmutt

The rub is killer. I didn't have cayenne so i substituted some ground mixture of rare chilies I gre last year: fish peppers and chicken hearts. Just enough bite to get your attention but not enough to bleach out your taste buds after half a rack. Gave a few bones to my coworkers tonight and was praised highly for my pork skills.

I mix lime juice with sweet baby rays, and fresh garlic, and pepper and a couple spoons of honey, marinate and baste with it.....I like Sonnys BBQ when south of here, I also like "musterque" Carolina style BBQ Mmmm..... Today I used Markers Mark gourmet BBQ sauce - too expensive for little flavor - they make better bourbon !!

Old school has it right if you like sweet baby rays you will love Stubbs. I have a personal vendetta against Sweet Baby Rays and consider it barely above mud

I dislike SBR aswell, almost as bad as Montgomery inn BBQ. Tates Kansas city bbq is the shit, I can only find it at aldies or whatever the cheap ass welfare grocerie store up by my house is called... I only go there for the BBQ sauce though, it's that good :)

Old school has it right if you like sweet baby rays you will love Stubbs. I have a personal vendetta against Sweet Baby Rays and consider it barely above mud

We've been using Stubbs for a while now. Good stuff. The "Sweet Heat" is pretty good!

I dislike SBR aswell, almost as bad as Montgomery inn BBQ. Tates Kansas city bbq is the shit, I can only find it at aldies or whatever the cheap ass welfare grocerie store up by my house is called... I only go there for the BBQ sauce though, it's that good :)

So you have an issue with low priced, off-brand foods. :rolleyes:

Montgomery Inn is a fantastic sauce. My guess is that you're using it as a dipping sauce? If that is the case then I agree it's a poor dipping sauce but still not bad. It shines when grilling or smoking with, particularly on pork like ribs or pulled pork. It also is pretty decent when basting on chicken on the grill but that's all it should be used for

My problem lies in that most people think there is only 1 BBQ sauce that fits all types of meat. Most of the time, that is a SBR type which is what leads me to my hatred of it. It's a fine chicken nugget dipping sauce but that's it for me. I have somewhere around 15-20 different BBQs in the fridge and pantry for all different applications

Wow, we simply don't have room enough in out cupboards and fridge for all that sauce. I don't brush on sauce while grilling very often, more of a fan of dry rubs and vinegar-based marinades.

Same here, I prefer to use a little sauce AFTER the meat is cooked, with the exception of ribs.