Dream Ride 2012: Feeler

NinjaDoc

I just got back from riding the route...Great route with a lot of my favorite roads..I don't think anyone will be disappointed.

Here's the route (as I see it anyway)....

From Newark 668 to the end at 93, 93 into New Straightsville, then straight on 216 into Murry City (216 is awsome, and so is 668), in Murry City 78 thru Glouster, and to 555, turn left on 555 to 669 at Deavertown, turn left on 669 to rt13, and north towards Newark....On 13 people can split off at RT70 and head home, or RT40, or RT13...Looks like about 125 miles or so.....

niceee, hope we all get to enjoy the ride that day, jnor have you seen the meet point location in person. Just wanted to make sure there is no new construction or other new stuff which might prevent a meet up there.

:biker:

Pencil me in. Keep the eraser handy in case I can't get off work.

hope to meet you there jack

things might just clear up it seems.

niceee, hope we all get to enjoy the ride that day, jnor have you seen the meet point location in person. Just wanted to make sure there is no new construction or other new stuff which might prevent a meet up there.

Never mind :)

Edited by Habi

No problem...it's a perfect location...

Very cool

is there any android app where i can put this route into it and have it bluetooth me directions while i ride? im looking for a nice little route to take today, and might give this a shot....if not ill just write the stuff down and hope for the best lol

I always try to remember route in my head, but would like to know what others use a good app for this in iPhone as well, any suggestions?

is there any android app where i can put this route into it and have it bluetooth me directions while i ride? im looking for a nice little route to take today, and might give this a shot....if not ill just write the stuff down and hope for the best lol

Try "Navigation", I have it on my "Droid", I have not used it, but I think it will work for what you are asking it to do?

Thanks for the invite .Just like to know where and when for sure just to be sure i understand......:confused:

Date: October 6 2012 Saturday. (oct 7 will weather check date) ( no other major events like race day etc on that day) plz block this date in your schedule.

Place: Empty parking lot / fit to hold 50+ bikes easily Gas station close by.

1058 E. Main st.

Newark, Ohio 43055

Time: meet around 11:00 am, meet and greet and photo section, kick stand by 12:00 October will be awesome weather(finger crossed) and just warm enough by 12:00

Route: http://goo.gl/maps/EJgdV Loop of about 100 miles, those who wanna ride more can keep on riding,

seriously screw this morning cold bullshit, my vagina is growing at the thought of having to ride in this shit

:lol:

I had a 127 mile ride home from Columbus last night. I think it was 50+/- out and getting colder, or it felt like it was.

:lol:

I had a 127 mile ride home from Columbus last night. I think it was 50+/- out and getting colder, or it felt like it was.

My problem is that riding is a hobby for me. If it is not enjoyable and I'm not having fun then it is a pointless waste of time. This is direct reason I won't ride in the rain, won't ride in the cold and have zero qualms about trailering the bike down to Deals Gap.

It was 43* at the time I left for work which is the same time I would need to leave for the ride and that shit is just not fun no matter how many layers I have on and I can't justify the expense of heated gear for as little as I ride in the cold

I have to leave the house bout 9:30 myself, so am looking at the weather intently. I used to ride down into the teens with dry roads, but now, at my old age, 50 is freezing! and not so much fun. Like Bad said, if you can't enjoy.....and basically I ride for the fun of it, not because I have to.

My problem is that riding is a hobby for me. If it is not enjoyable and I'm not having fun then it is a pointless waste of time. This is direct reason I won't ride in the rain, won't ride in the cold and have zero qualms about trailering the bike down to Deals Gap.

It was 43* at the time I left for work which is the same time I would need to leave for the ride and that shit is just not fun no matter how many layers I have on and I can't justify the expense of heated gear for as little as I ride in the cold

I rode last week when it was in the 30s and was fine without heated gear... I actually don't even have much in my gear... I have some badass warm gloves, I wear a neoprene mask under my helmet, thick cortech riding pants over my regular pants, then a hoodie and my icon leather jacket on top... Proper gloves will make a world of difference in the cold

I rode last week when it was in the 30s and was fine without heated gear... I actually don't even have much in my gear... I have some badass warm gloves, I wear a neoprene mask under my helmet, thick cortech riding pants over my regular pants, then a hoodie and my icon leather jacket on top... Proper gloves will make a world of difference in the cold

Exactly

Your body will redirect heat towards your core so your feet and hands are a big thing.

Check list (Personal choice)

Water prof boots to help with wind breaking

2 pairs of socks (usually thermal)

Thermal leggings under sweat pants under riding jeans

armored textile jacket under my leather jacket that has a fleece liner

gauntlet gloves with some kitchen gloves over them (Someone on here posted that and it works great as a wind breaker)

Baklava from walmart ($7) under my helmet

Rain X anti fog on my visor. (I found a heated visor for my helmet that I might just invest in)

You dont need heated gear. ATG and layers underneath. I might not really enjoy the ride to the meet, but the rest of the day would make it worth it.

I have all that minus the riding pants. I usually go with underarmor coldgear, my thick riding jeans and then wind pants over those. This is my weakest point I admit and probably the reason I'm cold. My gloves are awesome in the cold!

Bad, u really need to come out just this once. If I can ride after living all my life near equator and having raynauds and still enjoy any 50+ temps u will defenitely will enjoy it. Getting up and out of house is the tuff part :)

Bad, u really need to come out just this once. If I can ride after living all my life near equator and having raynauds and still enjoy any 50+ temps u will defenitely will enjoy it. Getting up and out of house is the tuff part :)

oh I'm just bitching currently, I won't make any decision until Friday night