Dream Ride 2012: Feeler

NinjaDoc

for this one. as long as we get good footage, I would ask that the doc takes his time. I would also suggest that the intro's/i.d.'s of all the riders go at the end of the video as that is gonna be long. also doc, please get my screen name right. MIKE53ALI (not mike56ali) thanks.

Some one take a pic on a over pass looking down at everyone as they ride by?

that would definatly one up the doc's attemps at speeding ahead and trying to catch us in a nice lean in turn.... which I also suggest....

.....ACTUALLY..... we should maybe assign some riders as photographers this way thay can try for some good shots. maybe assign a leader, a sweeper and a photographer for each group..... just an idea....

doc, tryin to get everyone's video right after the ride, maybe a little rough. people tryin to cover their distances to get home and all. I would highly recommend the envelope idea. either keep each card in its envelope or mark the cards themselves.

again, just ideas. don't wanna sound bossy or anything.

as i was going through some of the names of very active forum members from past it seems many have just stopped visiting OR these days, is it life taking over, or they stopped riding all together? Do most people get bored with this/ or get over this addiction of motorcycling? Cant imagine anything i would rather do in my spare time.

:lol: You don't need the internet to be a motorcycle rider. I have heard many reasons from some personally that range from not liking all the new people that joined to just getting burned out with the forum. Many reasons why people come and go dude, it's just the internet, life goes on. I don't know how old you are but I'm guessing young because being offline doesn't mean you quit riding.:lol::p

• Upvote 1

:lol: You don't need the internet to be a motorcycle rider. I have heard many reasons from some personally that range from not liking all the new people that joined to just getting burned out with the forum. Many reasons why people come and go dude, it's just the internet, life goes on. I don't know how old you are but I'm guessing young because being offline doesn't mean you quit riding.:lol::p

Oh no I certainly did not mean it as any insult to the ones not active here any more. I was just trying to get an idea from different people on how their thoughts evolved as riders age and get involved with life. Why I am asking is because right now many of my important decision in life I think in an angle of a rider, eg where to move for work etc I am looking at are there good roads near by rather than will it be good for career etc

Just a simple fear that will this "spirit of ride" run out of you in the long run and then u live to regret the decisions you made based on motorcycle riding. Bahh leave it, ..

anyways nick, i saw the old thread about that big group ride, means u are well exp with this kind of stuff, if you can come out and help us out it would be wonderfull. Personally i am just internet jockey, i go hide and run around with camera in real life when every one shows up. Last year pauly took leadership and helped sort things out hopefully more people step up this year :D

Edited by NinjaDoc

@mike / shadow

I am okay with the envelope thingy, but just didnt want to put them thru lot of steps to get the footage. If they can do it very good, if not i will have my laptop with me and can transfer some footage. I mean if its a ride video, all i need is one recording from one camera in that particular angle, so i put together like various 2 min footage from different camera and we have a 20-30 min video boooom. Dont wanna make it boring as well

one huge help would be if any one rider with go pro can record the peripheral meet up spot, like as they begin to come together and when they leave the spot to the main meet up spot.

And mike i will make sure about the names :lol: last year messed up couple of names

It's all good NinjaDoc, I was just explaining because I took your post as a little humorous. This place grew soooooo much that some left because of it. Maybe they got out of their comfort zone as it grew, idk, but I've heard many reasons from the ones that still stay in touch with me personally. I never left because I realize all things change. It's gotten so big which is why I never post rides anymore. They just get too big at times. But I enjoy talking to everyone though. :)

So..... Who's letting me ride a vfr :D

I would happily help you out, but if I am coming 2 up i would like to ride the viffer itself and wifey will be helping with camera and stuff, plus will have all the boxes on to attach the cam on

And I will have a top box as well thx to you :D

Well' date=' I have to bail on this ride. Isaac is going through some shit and wants me to visit, since he has a 4-day weekend. I'm not about to dis him for this lot of twat-waffles.

You guys ride safe and don't do anything incredibly stupid... like rear-end a VFR in the Bolivar parking lot.[/quote']

:plus1: for being an awesome dad. Hope everything goes well.

Well' date=' I have to bail on this ride. Isaac is going through some shit and wants me to visit, since he has a 4-day weekend. I'm not about to dis him for this lot of twat-waffles.

You guys ride safe and don't do anything incredibly stupid... like rear-end a VFR in the Bolivar parking lot.[/quote']

Well shit I just may have to end up leading now

Hope everything is well with the kid though and I'll be keeping any Harley's far away from me

no fucking way im reading this whole thread.....

ill show up though....i wanna be put into a slow group....itll be my first real ride on the vfr, and my first big ride in a couple years....just going to take it slow and feel out this bike since ive never ridden a sport bike before

pending my work schedule...ill try to request this day off, but it may be too late...ill see what happens

oky as of now i think this is how it stands, writing this from vague memory/ and knowledge of some others from previous rides. Need to iron out the details based on weather time etc.

Fast- Moderate group

Leads: JCMathis, Inyazz, Hoblick, Jschaf

sweep: Bad324, mykill, Rhill

Moderate-Slow group

Leads- Ninjadoc, Mike53ali , Jnor

Sweep- Brown57, Hellmutt, ohiomike,

Gopros

Rhill

Jdonn

JcMathis

Ninjadoc

many more i am forgeting names :(

I will be bringing a dslr with wide angle lens for a big group pic, as our photography thread proved lot more ORians with good eye for pics, if they come and help with pics will be nice.

now, all we need is to have is a good weather :D