Dream Ride 2012: Feeler

NinjaDoc

there are no worries about pace, just count up the number of people concerned about pace in this thread. That is a group ride in and of itself.

I dont have a problem riding sweeper for a slower pace group, as long as the last person knows I will disappear for 5 minutes and eventually come flying up behind them, stop and do it all over again.:D

This

just dont ride with this guy ^ he lies about the pace....lures you in saying it will be a comfortable cruise and all of a sudden he cracks the throttle to the point the VFR is overheating :p

liar u r not helping here :p, it was just one time, and rode with almost all of them on the group and i was sure about every rider wanting to push a little bit on that group, that the only reason and thats the only time i did that :D

And people wonder why some of us have the wrong impression about group rides... ;)

in almost all OR rides from the day i started riding with the group, i was never left alone. Even a super fast rider like uncle punk sacrificed his good ride to ride sweep behind me at painfully slow 40mph during my first month of group rides, always thank full to all of them who rode with me now and then.

If you ride with the right group. we always learn and become better than riding alone in my opinion. And almost all OR group rides have been the "right" groups and its much safer.

And also when you ride in group the distance just doesnt look that bad at all as you see on the map. It just too much fun and excitement

I will be there now. I have a drag race in indy but its the following week, not conflicting with this like I previously thought.

uber cool big OR Group ride >> indy race anyways :cool:

just dont ride with this guy ^ he lies about the pace....lures you in saying it will be a comfortable cruise and all of a sudden he cracks the throttle to the point the VFR is overheating :p

You can also partially blame me :lol:

Since I hadn't been out in awhile I figured I'd be rusty and slow but I shook that after 20 miles and started instigating with hanging right up with Doc do he was obviously needing to show off his new vfr-y skills :D

VFR rox :) hope the heat output will be good to ride during fall :lol:

I am thinking every one liked that ride, even i saw pauly smiling which is a rare sight :p

I certainly had an excellent time on that ride and fairly certain everyone did as well

I might need directions of where to meet if I can come. My parents live in Aurora right by what used to be Geauga Lake.

Brownsfan1, I am not too far from you and I am planning my first group ride down. I am just north of Ravenna, actually Freedom Twp. probably 15 minutes from you. Maybe we could meet up with Issac Pappa from Ravenna and go on down to meet the NinjaDoc's group?

Edited by blue-yamaR6s

Brownsfan1, I am not too far from you and I am planning my first group ride down. I am just north of Ravenna, actually Freedom Twp. probably 15 minutes from you. Maybe we could meet up with Issac Pappa from Ravenna and go on down to meet the NinjaDoc's group?

Thanks I will have to let you know because I do not have that time off work yet.

I'm just west of Ravenna so if a couple people from that area want to meet up I'd be down for doing that. Looking to see how this all comes together as it gets closer.

I might need directions of where to meet if I can come. My parents live in Aurora right by what used to be Geauga Lake.

yep we might be meeting in bolivar diary queen, this right off 77, bolivar Exit 93 if i remember right U will see the diary queen as soon as you see the exit. Google map has it wrong.

So all u guys from the ravenna area cam just come down and meet us there

I'm just west of Ravenna so if a couple people from that area want to meet up I'd be down for doing that. Looking to see how this all comes together as it gets closer.

Sounds like there are a few of us, (3 or 4) from the Ravenna area that could meet and go down from there to Bolivar to meet NinjaDoc's group at DQ. I am interested. Anyone have any ideas tentatively?

Sounds like there are a few of us, (3 or 4) from the Ravenna area that could meet and go down from there to Bolivar to meet NinjaDoc's group at DQ. I am interested. Anyone have any ideas tentatively?

sounds good, as the day approaches we will have the timing sorted out. Bad324 has a thread about ride from bolivar to newark, nice route, check that thread for more details and timing. we will join up at bolivar

As of now, count me in.

nice, meet you soon

That far in advance??? LOL, I have found that whatever they predict now will end up being nearly the opposite so far in the future. But there's always maybe....

very true, but i strongly believe in the fact of power of human mind. If all of us believe that the day is going to be sunny and 70 its gonna be like that :excited:(i hope so)

by next week will update the first post with more specific details like all the peripheral meet up spots probable timing etc

may be time to look for volunteers for lead and sweep for fast/intermediate/slow groups.

as i was going through some of the names of very active forum members from past it seems many have just stopped visiting OR these days, is it life taking over, or they stopped riding all together? Do most people get bored with this/ or get over this addiction of motorcycling? Cant imagine anything i would rather do in my spare time.

as i was going through some of the names of very active forum members from past it seems many have just stopped visiting OR these days, is it life taking over, or they stopped riding all together? Do most people get bored with this/ or get over this addiction of motorcycling? Cant imagine anything i would rather do in my spare time.

my assumption is life, mainly because that is the reason I only have a pathetic 2000 miles on mine this year :o