Dream Ride 2012: Feeler

NinjaDoc

On the way back home we had a POS civic trying to race us on 33 funny stuff.

Speaking of that...to the fast group: how about that POS Chevy Beretta that we came upon? He was pushing that thing past the limit, but he was actually putting up a "decent" pace.

just pulled in at home,

Thank you every one for coming out on such a bad forecast, but to our luck like bad said the day turned out to be beautiful.

I hope i met every one of you guys that showed up, final count must be above 40, that itself was lot of confusion but it sort of evolved

Big thx to uncle punk who took charge this year and every thing worked out well.

Now for the apology, the last group getting lost was my fault. I knew BMWnut was put on the spot to lead a group and he was not sure about the route, our group should have stayed at that last intersection to let you guys know about the gas stop. By the time i came back to the spot you guys prolly passed by.

The final phase was a big chaos, every one heading in different direction. Like UP pointed out, now i feel kind of bad that we sort of took every one out to middle of no where and abandoned them. Didnt get to say a thx/ or bye to every one. Jnor was the only person who knew what he was doing i guess, he sticked with the plan and the suggestion was to stop at the small riverside restaurant, alas i didnt post it up here Doh!

But from the looks of it almost every one made it back home safe and enjoyed the ride. If the forecast was favorable the expected number would have showed up and it might have been way more fun and confusing at the same time.

once again, thanks to all and everyone. Great day of riding and chance to meet every one.

no problem when i get in the twistys my sence of direction goes to hell but we had a good ride I was hoping you guys did not come looking for us as we went our own way sorta like 11 sheep folling a lost sole:eek: thanks again guys!

• Upvote 1

what happened?

He did a couple ricer flybys then slow to do it again. At a stop light he tryed to peel out I think, I heard his tires chirp anyways :lol:. In the end he zoomed off weaving in and out of cars. But today was a fun day thanks for setting this up Doc. Maby we should do a spring one before you go:D?

Thank God OSU is playing late... If not, I woulda been pissed to miss this game.
He did a couple ricer flybys then slow to do it again. At a stop light he tryed to peel out I think, I heard his tires chirp anyways :lol:. In the end he zoomed off weaving in and out of cars. But today was a fun day thanks for setting this up Doc. Maby we should do a spring one before you go:D?

Wheres he going?

sure we should :)

Wheres he going?

no idea as of now Eb :( by December will have a better guess,

I thought I seen it up in one of the threads that he was leaving ohio? Or did I get it mixed up with some thing else?

I found it its in the first page of this thread.

Who is this for?

Anybody who enjoys a motorcycle and love to meet the rest of the ohio riders. sports bike, sport touring, cruisers every one can come out. I guarantee there will be a group you can ride with comfortable. If group ride is not your thing just ride out to the meet spot and hang out for few before you leave. If you have other obligations on that day, just come out meet and leave before the ride. You wanna put face to the names come on over. Personally being a visitor in this country OR has given me more friends and advices than my real life work. I have met and rode with a majority of active NEO riders, and I would love to meet and ride with all the rest of the folks before i leave next year :( . I have seen many hobbies and interests in OR and the only common thing we share is riding for sure. So just come out and have a ride thats all.

Edited by Dying Shadow
fix

Speaking of that...to the fast group: how about that POS Chevy Beretta that we came upon? He was pushing that thing past the limit, but he was actually putting up a "decent" pace.

Yea I know, he was trying to keep up with UP. When he decided tgat wasent going to happen he let us by.

Yes it was........ Except for that part when I thought we were going right and we went left instead and I couldn't reposition in time so I split the difference in the pasture lol

I thought I took a wrong turn. I memorized the loop this morning but not how to get to the start of it.

final count must be above 40, that itself was lot of confusion but it sort of evolved .

We should be able to figure this out. The group I was in had nine until MT left to go plow fields on his own. If the leads or sweeps of the other groups can post their group counts we could have a real total.

Big thx to uncle punk who took charge this year and every thing worked out well.

We did okay for organizing on the fly, some things could have gone smoother. Overall what stands out in my mind is everyone made it home safe. This is unheard off with this many people, everyone did a good job by riding in their comfort zone. I understand people are now thinking they would have liked to be in other groups but the overall outcome being crash free means it worked out well for this ride.

I can't thank the guys enough that stepped up to lead & sweep, it changes their ride & their sacrifice is appreciated. Especially when pressed into duty on the spot without notice.

Now for the apology, the last group getting lost was my fault. I knew BMWnut was put on the spot to lead a group and he was not sure about the route, our group should have stayed at that last intersection to let you guys know about the gas stop. By the time i came back to the spot you guys prolly passed by.

The final phase was a big chaos, every one heading in different direction. Like UP pointed out, now i feel kind of bad that we sort of took every one out to middle of no where and abandoned them. Didnt get to say a thx/ or bye to every one. Jnor was the only person who knew what he was doing i guess, he sticked with the plan and the suggestion was to stop at the small riverside restaurant, alas i didnt post it up here Doh!

I would also like to extend another apology for ending the ride the way it turned out. It was selfish on my part because at the gas stop I figured out if I road back to Newark that I would be getting home way after dark, us old guys don't like that plus it would have been colder than it was. Better planning with cooperating weather and this won't happen again.

most definitely yes :) , wish the weather cooperated and it would have been amazing with close to 70+ showing up

but UP might have blown an aneurysm if that was the case :D

Lose my number please.

Thanks Doc for throwing this shindig together. I had a great time. Thanks to the leads and sweeps for stepping up to the task. Good to meet some new people. It sounds like some people got bit by the twisty bug. Sorry I can't help---never did find a cure. I am officially addicted to 83 and 78 thanks to Uncle Punk and thanks Tod for another fine tow. I feel like I'm 18 again when I ride like that. Hope everyone had a good time and got home safe and sound.

Us grey hairs need to stick together, you old squid ( Naval, not idiot biker.). I really like 83 between 146 & 78.

You should have seen the Kia Sportage on the last ride, he was moving.

Thanks for setting this up NinjaDoc, great location & roads for most of the state to attend. All new roads for me except 78 east of 555.

I haven't had so many damn pictures taken in my life, where the hell are they? Who was the guy taking all the pictures, he rode sweep in a group & probably didn't make it in any pictures?

If the same ride happened in spring and earlier things would have been so much better,

The best most amazing great awesome part is NO CRASHES WOOOOOOOO

If next Saturday is sunny I might ride the loop again but start little earlier

I am just forum jockey, it's you all brave souls that came out in cold to make this happen and UP plus the volunteers who made the ride memorable

Tagged along with UP on way back and mind blown away, very nice ride. Kept on telling myself to not ride above the limit and survived

Snot, ours was the most awesomest group! haha, yeah...

Everyone home safe -- that's fantastic news.

I didn't even see any mechanicals which is certainly unheard of with that many bikes. Says a lot about the Ohio Riders -- you all rocked!

Thanks for letting me tag along.

• Upvote 1