Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2013

Casper

Is that the place that I ended up going right, through the gravel?

That was definitely a pucker moment, I didn't realize which way the road went in time and my brain envisioned me going over the bridge into the water!

Biggie

Yes sir it was. I still don't know how I didn't run into punk. Then all I kept thinking about was the midget flying through there and running right into us

The Midget was wore out and way off pace by that time thank god or I would've probably taken you guys out. I whoad way down when I saw you and still had to grab ALOT of brake

Remember our return trip we got passed by a couple harleys

Whatever road that was in the picture, it was fun but too narrow to really ride hard. My chance of crashing would have been much higher if I was at full pace when I saw that Y and the bridge.

Biggie

Well then looks like I have a lot work to do before then.

Last year was my first trip down. I have logged alot of miles since I started riding, back in 2008. These roads arn't like ohio. They are alot more fun, but things can get rowdy quick.

heres my advice for you, in no particular order.

Ride your own pace.

Ride, ride, ride.

Be as comfortable on your bike as you can be.

Gear, Gear,Gear. IMO leathers are a must. Even if they are cheap dirty second hand leathers, they are still leathers.

Have you taken the MSF course? If not, take it before you go.

cherry cola would be a great ride for a first timer.

Put good tires on your bike.

What I really love about these mountain roads, is the fact that even if the speed limit is 45, they are a riot. I typically ride the speed limit and this is the only place I have found I can really enjoy myself and still be within the speed limit.

Oh I like those just had to get use to them. 28 is really nice heading to fontana after the dam. I actually wanna ride 28 this time

I rode 28 well over 200 miles last time, and its the best ride ive ever had in my life. Just pull out of fontana, make a right hand turn, heading away from the dragon, and enjoy. Theres an incredible little gas station somewhere in south carolina where we met up with some dudes riding late 50s BMW's. I heard banjos playing in the distance, but man was it cool.

Bridal Vail Falls. You should take 28 all the way to SC/GA' date=' too. You missed the good parts. :)[/quote']

We did, We ate at some little diner in SC that was pretty good. I thought it was ironic how the road maintenance changed at the state line. Highlands NC was pretty neat too.